Does This Need A Stitch Or Two? Cut Near Eye

I'm really on the fence with this one. Grace has a cut on her face, directly below her eye. It appears to be a small tear. It smaller than a dime, which is typically my vet/no vet gauge.

However I notice that when she blinks that eye the wound all but closes. Same if I manipulate it and close it myself. So do I clean it and let it heal, or do I take her in fir a stitch or two?

88e7ddd0.jpg

3a30513e.jpg

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I wouldn't get it stitched either. It would be a hard place to stitch and I think the stitches would bother her more than the actual cut. You might want to start her on some antibiotics.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thanks guys! Now that I think about it more, combined with the fact I'd have to put her under, we will not be visiting Dr. Joseph today.

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

How about a dab of EMT gel or similar product that will make a protective cover for the wound? Even a dab of antibiotic cream.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thanks everyone. Great advice. I'll keep you posted as it heals.

Edited by gracegirl

Update: Grace seems to be healing up just fine. The tiny skin flap fell off today and the cut is scabbed over. I think she'll be just fine!

In other news, she was dripping blood off her back leg yesterday a few minutes after I got home from work. DBF had already let them out (leash walked) so again, no idea what happened. Poor girl is a mess this week!!!

Guest IrskasMom

My Morty hit his Eye a couple Years ago on a Picnicbench.Same Place and same Size. It healed very fast and the Scab fell of.Nothing to worry about.