Holistic Selects?

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

The kennel where I work feeds this as our house food; it's pretty spendy but I get it at cost plus 10% so I picked up a bag the other day, the lamb and rice adult version. We usually feed Kirkland for lunch, raw for dinner and I was out of the Kirkland. So far the kids seem to love it and the output is looking OK (sometimes Frank has softserve so I am hoping for an improvement...) It's made by the same company that makes Wellness and Eagle Pack...

I know it's considered a good quality food (it IS Eagle Pack, though they may have taken that out of the name; used to be EPHS) . . . one I'd have definitely tried if it was available around here, before I found TOTW. I have a friend in another state who feeds the Duck & Oatmeal to her dog.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Like mentioned...it IS EaglePack. I used to feed the EP Holistic for years until they decided to change (downgrade) their formula a year or two back without telling the public. Koda suddenly wasn't all that interested in her food and her stool changed and so I did some research and that is how I found out about the changes. The situation left a sour taste in my mouth so I stopped feeding it. It used to be a great food. I don't know much about it now that it has changed but I am sure it is probably still a pretty good food.

i have both of my dogs on it, i have been using eagle pack for 3 years. felix who has a sensitive stomach does beautifully on the duck and oatmeal. annie is on the large breed- a chicken based food is also doing well on it. why the two types??? - as my husband sez,"if it isn't broke, don't fix it." annie was fed it when she came off the track. i currently get the #30 bag for $49 and w/ a discount(i showed them my aarp card and managed to get a senior discount) it's $45 a sack. the company has a newsletter, if you sign up every 4-6weeks they include a coupon in the newsletter.

i tried kirkland on annie, i saw a difference in her skin(dry even w/ salmon oil suppliment) with-in 2 weeks.

4 c daily for 77lb felix

3c daily for 61lb annie

the new company who bought it reduced the sodium content and upped the oil content, no changes in stool what so ever.

We used it, switched (it was really expensive here in Montreal $80 bucks for a big bag), and then switched back - the hounds do really well on it and I figure if it ain't broke why fix it. I now pick it up in VT whenever we go to the kennel at $50 for the big bag....

Oh and we use the Duck and Oatmeal.

Guest Gweneth06

I have my girl on Holistic Selects Duck and Oatmeal and she does great on it. I foster and they get the Holistic Selects Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon and many of them do well on it. Sometimes I'll mix the Duck with the Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon.

Guest FullMetalFrank

We are about 2/3 of the way thru the 15 lb. bag I brought home ($32 retail at the kennel, I don't know what my cost is yet) and my gang is doing very well. Improved poops, and they seem to love it. I think with my discount the 30# bag will be around $35-$40. Not too bad!

Edited by FullMetalFrank

Guest Javagirl

We are about 2/3 of the way thru the 15 lb. bag I brought home ($32 retail at the kennel, I don't know what my cost is yet) and my gang is doing very well. Improved poops, and they seem to love it. I think with my discount the 30# bag will be around $35-$40. Not too bad!

That's a great price for for the Holistic Select. I would use it if we could. It is far more expensive here; I was hoping that the formation of Wellpet after the acquisitions of Wellness and Eagle Pet would increase supply and perhaps lower the price but it turned out that there was a redesign which resulted in a small price drop AND a reduction in the pounds per bag (33 lbs --> 30 lbs). We keep Ladd on the Eagle Pack Natural Adult which has become Eagle Pack Original Formula, Lamb and Rice. It's $43 for 30 lbs at all the pet shops around here.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I finally got the price for the 30 lb. bag, it's $42 my cost. Unfortunately we are currently out of the L&R at my work; I have considered trying them on the EaglePack which we also sell.