Small Pus Pockets Under Skin?

Guest summernights

Guest summernights

I was laying on the floor this afternoon when Gem walked over and stood over me, and I noticed that she has two "pockets" of greenish yellow pus just under the very surface of the skin on her belly. They're located in the center of her belly, roughly between her thighs, at the narrowest part of her abdomen. One is right by a nipple, between 1-2 centimeters in diameter, and leaked some of the pus when I touched it. The other is about a centimeter in diameter, and about an inch away from the first. The skin over them is extremely thin. There's a thin ring of pink/red around them. She didn't seem bothered when I was touching them.

Any clue on what this could be? I've never seen anything like this on Gem. She doesn't have fleas, and we haven't noticed her chewing/licking in that area. I did notice that the skin on her belly in general was dry and flaky, and I'm wondering if it might be related to that. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! :(

Could be a staph infection. I would see your vet about that. Not life threatening this evening, but if that's what it is, you want to get her on antibiotics promptly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest avadogner

Are you sure it's draining pus? Green is usually strep family yellow is usually staph. My girl has cysts on three areas of her body. They've all been tested and are just fatty tissue. My vet said they aren't uncommon in greys. I wouldn't squeeze them because you can rupture capillaries going to the area and that can slow the healing process. I scrub my hands down, clean them with dilute peroxide, a surgical cleaner like betadine would be optimal and then rinse the area with clean water and dress it with neosporin. Then scrub your hands again. (Can you tell I'm an ex Trauma and NICU nurse? Most importantly, I'ld go to the vet Monday and have a pro check it. I hope it's okay. Your vet may want to add a oral antibiotic too. i'ld also get some pediatric dose imodium for when the antibiotics give your baby the big D.

-ava and augie's mum

Is she on any steroids or does she have an auto immune issue? Beau will get a bunch of funky skin things, including what you are describing. Nothing seriousm but should be checked out.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project