Chicken Soup For The Pet Lover's Soul

Guest Karen

Guest AmberStar47988

I'm also chiming in late, but I'm a Chicken Soup pet food fan too. My guys have loved it for about ten years. Also, if you have a Costco in your area, their Kirkland brand pet food really is Chicken Soup. I called Diamond years ago because the labels were so similar. They said, "Yes, it's the exact same thing. The only difference is the kibble shape." Apparently the kibble shaping equipment used to make the brand name CS creates smaller quantities per batch, and therefore takes more time than the rounded bits for Kirkland. Costco's food is something like $23.99 for a 40 pound bag. The CS and Kirkland canned foods are exactly the same as well.

• 8 months later...
Guest Profgumby

I'm also chiming in late, but I'm a Chicken Soup pet food fan too. My guys have loved it for about ten years. Also, if you have a Costco in your area, their Kirkland brand pet food really is Chicken Soup. I called Diamond years ago because the labels were so similar. They said, "Yes, it's the exact same thing. The only difference is the kibble shape." Apparently the kibble shaping equipment used to make the brand name CS creates smaller quantities per batch, and therefore takes more time than the rounded bits for Kirkland. Costco's food is something like $23.99 for a 40 pound bag. The CS and Kirkland canned foods are exactly the same as well.

Speaking of late...

I would buy the Kirkland if the nearest Costco wasn't 120 miles away. And that is interesting same food, different shape and a price difference to boot!The Chicken soup is more expensive but still not too bad price wise. And they could not come up with a longer description/name, could they? "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul Adult Dog Large Breed"

Guest Profgumby

These are old posts from 2 years ago. I don't get it?

It got brought forward...and the info is relevant.

2012 Chicken Soup Recall

It is only the light version so far, but the recall expands every day.

another link

It will probably, and probably should, end up being all food from the SC plant in a certain time frame that gets pulled off the shelves.

Edited by Profgumby