Doing Our Best

My pups are chewing worst than ever this year. They're on the frontline and I pick up the yard every night to cut down on the flies, but what I noticed yesterday was when is when you brush the grass a whole bunch of tiny, like miget flies appear. Could this be whats biting my fellas ? And have you ever heard of spraying the yard with dish soap to rid this problem or what else can I do ?

thanks

I don't know if that is what is biting your dogs. I pick up everyday and I spray the yard every week. I have done the dish soap thing but I really like a product by Cesar Milan that is a deodorizer, I don't remember if it kills bugs or not tho?

I also have a pest control company that comes every three months and sprays the yard as well.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

We have gnats here. They do bite the dogs. Has never seemed to bother the girls but does bother Joseph. We just live with it until the gnats die.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Yes, those little buggers are gnats. We have them here, and they ARE annoying, and do bite.

I use Adams Flea and Tick Mist on my five hounds, and not only do we not have fleas, but gnats, mosquitos, horse flies, etc. ... don't seem to want to bother them. You CAN safely use Adams with the Frontline as well. Most Wal-marts carry the Adams. too.

Good luck! Just think ... once your cool weather comes, no more buggies!

Guest TeddysMom

You can spray the yard with Dawn dish soap and listerine in an end hose sprayer and it kills the gnats and keeps flies to a minimum. I think I have my sprayer set on 5. Gook luck.

You can spray the yard with Dawn dish soap and listerine in an end hose sprayer and it kills the gnats and keeps flies to a minimum. I think I have my sprayer set on 5. Gook luck.

How much do you use of each (Dawn and Listerine) and do you spray each separately or mix it together?

ACT Greyhound Adoptions

actgreyhounds@cfl.rr.com

Guest Greytluv

How much of each do you put in? Do you dilute it with water in the sprayer? This sounds good for just spraying the yard and making it smell good. We don't really have a problem with bugs. Living in the cement city rolleyes.gif

Guest TeddysMom

How much of each do you put in? Do you dilute it with water in the sprayer? This sounds good for just spraying the yard and making it smell good. We don't really have a problem with bugs. Living in the cement city rolleyes.gif

I put a couple of cups of Dawn and about 1/4 cup of Listerine in the sprayer, fill with water then spray around the deck and yard around the back of the house every couple of days. I just take the sprayer off after each use and set it on the shelf until the next time I use it. I usually have to refill once a week or so. I have too big a yard to do the whole thing but at least it keeps the bugs at bay close to the back door.