Rimadyl=Big D? Halp!

Guest goofydog

Guest goofydog

Bless his heart, he got me up at 3AM this morning needing to go out, very unusual. In 6+ years of him owning me we have never had to deal with this(knocking on wood)He went out again before I left for work. I fed a lite breakfast and he had a full bowl of water.

He was given a shot of Rimadyl after his surgery on Tuesday. I was sent home with 14 75mg tabs and told to give one tab twice a day. He had 2 on Wednesday and one this AM. I came home to 2 areas of the Big D, one on the runner at the back door and another in the breakfast area.

Right now I am withholding dinner and the evening pill. Can I give Immodium and what dose? Also, should I fast him tonight and tomorrow? Then do baked chicken & rice? Can I use brown rice or does it need to be white?

I apologize for all the questions but this is new territory for me and I don't want to cause him any more distress and embarrassment(yes, he was really upset about it, wouldn't look at me or go near the rooms where it was).

Toni

Toni: Desi always has the big d after any kind of sedation/anes. He got a little Domitor yesterday to cut off a broken nail, & sure enough, had

"pudding poo" last night & this morning. I'm betting it'll clear up on its own. Hope so, anyway. Here's hoping it's that simple. Kathy

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I tried Immodium with Gee and it didn't work. The only thing that did work was to fast her for most of the day and then start her on chicken and rice and to make sure she got her pills with her food. That made all the difference in the world.

Sorry Get Em is having a rough go of it. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

According to Dee in Ellijay..For diarrhea: Pumpkin, yogurt, boiled chicken and rice, Immodium AD tabets can be given (1) twice a day. She said it was a good idea to keep Science Diet AD or Purina ED (canned) around for stomach issues. She give out excellent advice.

Best white rice and add extra water so it gets very mushy. Could well be from the anaesthesia but withholding the pill is a good idea. I would give PeptoBismol rather than Immodium -- you don't want to be processing Immodium on top of anaesthesia.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest goofydog

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just cooked some rice and will let it cool for a bit. I also have pumpkin in the pantry and may give a little after or with the rice. He's sleeping right now so it should be ready when he wakes up.

Ya'll are the best :)