Baytril/uti Question

When you guys use Baytril for a UTI do you divide up the dose and give it twice a day or just give them the whole thing once a day? Vet told me 136 mg/day (50# dog) and didn't mention once or twice and I forgot to ask . When I picked up rx(136mg flavor tabs) label directions said twice/day. Vet office closed right now, e vets won't tell me nothing over phone but I wantto be able to start her on the med and not wait until tomorrow as she had blood in the urine. When I look on the net it appears some do it once a day and some half the dose and give it twice a day. What do you guys do? Thanks!

Chloe has a UTI too but we use augmentin 875 mg 1 x a day (human grade) which is the same as clavamox. I never used the baytril. I happen to have it in the house along with penicillin and amox, but for us clavomox works best for Chloe. She gets them about 2 x a year.

ETA- I have the script in my name so all I pay is my copay.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest mcsheltie

I looked in all three of my Pharmacy & Dispensing texts and all said twice daily.

can, fel-2.5-5 mg/kg PO, IM, SQ, BID

Edited by mcsheltie

I looked in all three of my Pharmacy & Dispensing texts and all said twice daily.

can, fel-2.5-5 mg/kg PO, IM, SQ, BID

Thank you very much. That was very kind of you to look it up for me. I didn't have access to such nice reference material.