Conner Is Doing Excellent But

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

The first one I am a little scared about. COnner surgery was about a month ago and now Kool Aid has taken to telling him what to do and not nicely. I have had to scream HA a few times and he immediatly stops. What is happening is the Kool Aid and COnner sleep on the couch every night and Kool Aid has decided he does not want to share and actually growls and barks nasty at Conner. As soon as I scream HA he stops and lays down but now Conner is not wanting to really be around him a lot. After almost 4 years of having Kool Aid I have never had this problem between any of my dogs. As a matter of fact I was always proud to say that they could eat out of the same bowl and sleep on one another. But I am now scared that some dog fight may break out well I am not home.

My poor Conner just cowers every time Kool Aid does this.

I am hoping that this passes that he just senses something different about Conner(he was neutered) and will get used to this. :dunno Everyone I talk to says that he senses something different but I don;t want this to continue. DO you think it will stop???

My other problem is I have a puppy in the house now...lol...Conner is playing and playing like never before. He is constantly wanting to chase the rope and run zoomies.... :eek I have never been able to see this side of COnner and I have had him 3 years.

KandC001.jpg

Cantaloupe is good stuff

Muzzles when you aren't there or can't supervise (I muzzle when I'm out doing yardwork and the dogs are in the house, for example).

Here, people who get snarky about people furniture aren't allowed on it. People who get unusually snarky about other lying-down spots get some observation, analysis, and retraining -- often some laughter and rewards for allowing others near and NOT snarking do the trick quickly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Kool Aid knows there is something different about Conner now and he's just trying to show him whose boss. Since it seems Conner isn't going to stand up for himself, you'll have to. I agree with Jey, if Kool Aid snarks at Conner for getting on the sofa, Kool Aid will have to get down. I'd muzzle when you leave from now on and I'd watch meal time, they may argue over food now where they didn't before. If Kool Aid is getting possessive of the sofa, he may do it with food, treats and toys so you'll have to watch him and correct him. You never know, once some time has passed things may go back to normal but you'll have to watch him very closely for a while.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Although it's a bit of a shock to the system, yours and Connor's, I would treat this as if you had introduced a new dog into the house. More close monitoring and some mannners adjustments as Jey and and Judy have said.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner

Thanks everyone. I don't know why I did not think of those 2 simple things to do. I guess I just have not had to. Anyways I am going out right away and the muzzles are going on. And Kool Aid will be off the couch from now on when he does this.

FWIW, when I evict people from the sofa etc., I don't bother to scold, just calmly "Off." If you're quick, they get the idea, "Crap, every time I protest here, it backfires on me. Hmmmmm ....."

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.