Ashes

Guest zoolaine

Guest zoolaine

I got Sunny's remains back last week and have been making him a home made urn from a wood box I bought at a craft store.

urn2.jpg

My friend told me that regular urns are air tight because over the time the ashes will get chunky from the humidity in the air. Anyone know if this is true? Right now I just put the ashes into the urn in the little clear bag that they came in. Do I need to put them in a ziplock bag or something similar?????

I think the reason urns tend to be tightly closed is so they don't spill easily if knocked over. Your location also is probably not humid enough to worry about moisture. I imagine the plastic inside that beautiful wood box will be just fine. smile.gif But those are just my thoughts. Maybe someone else knows otherwise.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest cruzNhounds

Dusty came back in a sealed box. I found a nice wood box at Ross for under $10.00 It's big enough for the box urn, Dusty's collar, his toys and some other stuff.

I admire you for making your own...I myself lack talent :rolleyes:

Our labs came back in a ziplock bag and the box was just a hinge closure like yours. I think you will be fine. (((hugs)))

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest SusanP

The ashes already are chunky. But it would be less messy to keep them in the bag, I think. What a nice box. I should come up with something better than the tins my guys' ashes came home in. Someday I want to scatter them, but the kids won't hear of it for now.