A Muzzle Question

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

I wasn't sure where to post this but here is my question. Spencer porposely bangs his muzzle on everything while he is wearing it and has rubbed a sore on the bridge of his nose. I have got wound cream on the sore but am not sure what to do about the muzzle. It has a small strip of foam where it sits on his nose but is there anything I can do to protect the sore and still wear his muzzle? It is not a bad sore, I just don't want it to get any worse but he still needs to wear a muzzle when he is outside with the other greys otherwise I will have to let him out alone or just walk him. He doesn't dig at the muzzle with his feet but just rubs it against whatever is handy including me.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I wasn't sure where to post this but here is my question. Spencer porposely bangs his muzzle on everything while he is wearing it and has rubbed a sore on the bridge of his nose. I have got wound cream on the sore but am not sure what to do about the muzzle. It has a small strip of foam where it sits on his nose but is there anything I can do to protect the sore and still wear his muzzle? It is not a bad sore, I just don't want it to get any worse but he still needs to wear a muzzle when he is outside with the other greys otherwise I will have to let him out alone or just walk him. He doesn't dig at the muzzle with his feet but just rubs it against whatever is handy including me.

I use Moleskin on my muzzles.. and for a sore nose I would put on fresh moleskin and then maybe wrap over that with some soft gauze just for a little added comfort till he's all healed. I've had 'muzzle bangers' in the past.. right now I'm fortunately muzzle free for routine things but I still have the muzzles on hand for special occasions company or playgroups) and just do the moleskin routinely (plus changing it out when it gets hard or dry... :)

(edited because I hadn't looked at the time you posted before answering.. :rolleyes: I thought the question had been sitting there since yesterday... duh, like an hour ago Was yesterday )

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

Guest greytmiles

I use Moleskin on my muzzles..

Moleskin or weatherstripping foam on the edge of the muzzle works well.

Ditto. They sell it with any other 'foot' products - near the Dr. Scholls, etc. I think I paid ~$3 for what turned out to be plenty.

Erin

We have moleskin on all muzzles. No boo boos allowed!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I do the same as Hubcity, as I have two roman nose hounds, so their noses are a bit different from other houndie noses.