Anyone Use Liniment To Massage Their Greyhounds?

Guest MichaelPack

Guest MichaelPack

I saw the Trainers Choice 5000 for sale on the NGA website. Didn't know if it's necessary since they are now "retired" racers...he still loves to run!

Thank you,

Michael

Odenton, Maryland

I think it would feel good to sore muscles after an especially hard run. Maybe not for everyday use, but after greyhound runs like the one I hope your going to in May. ;) If you are who I think you are.... I've heard that your pupper is in the running for the most pampered pouch. :lol A job well done!

I'm also not going to admit to using horse lineament on myself.... B)

------

Jessica

Trainers Choice doesn't really heat up like many liniments do. It's just not that strong. It's not bad just to relax the muscles a little but there are far better choices if you think your dog is running hard enough to get sore. I like using Tuttles Elixir mixed with Absorbine Jr myself. I try all the liniments we use in the kennel on myself to see how well they work. :lol

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

i massaged Loca with liniment after she pulled a muscle in her neck.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest KennelMom

I have used linaments on my lure coursing dogs in the past, esp after a particularly challenging trial or 2 day event. For normal pet-type stuff, nah. They probably don't need it unless they have a specific injury as robinw talked about.

Edited by KennelMom