Belly Bands

Where do you get them from? How do you get the right size? Just measure around the smallest part? I am going to get one to use on Pop for when he is on steroids as waking up to the sound of him peeing really isn't my favorite thing...

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest Sweetreba

I got mine at no nude hounds. Go into nonudehounds.net. I got them within 10days to two weeks. I did not like the fabrics in dog apparell but saw some I liked better in the cat stuff. I asked and she did it in the other fabric. They are great I got two. I measured around the area it is going to cover and that was it. She uses wide velcro where it connects on the back. if I had known I would have added an inch. They have a long mesh pocket so you can put a washcloth in or one of the long pose incontinent pads. I use the pads. Petey usually is fine but one year I took him to our booth at a home and flower show and he picked his leg up at some guys Tshirt stand. Luckily nothing was hit but so embarrassing. They are fast. So I got them for the following year and so much better. Good Luck.

i just staple or tape two baby diapers together and fit it to the dog. if i am lucky only one diaper gets wet and then i can reuse the other. when i had a dog staying here his owner gave me 2 belly bands, yup-2. it seems as if they slip and need to be washed daily. so you need a backup. try the cheapest generic diaper, you will figure out the size a lot cheaper and who is going to be seeing them?

Guest isntitgreyt

i just staple or tape two baby diapers together and fit it to the dog. if i am lucky only one diaper gets wet and then i can reuse the other. when i had a dog staying here his owner gave me 2 belly bands, yup-2. it seems as if they slip and need to be washed daily. so you need a backup. try the cheapest generic diaper, you will figure out the size a lot cheaper and who is going to be seeing them?

That's a really good idea! Thanks for sharing that. I got a belly band at GIG and Rainman had it turned around and not in the right position by the next morning. Thankfully I don't think I'll be needing it much longer but I think I'll try the diapers.

We've been using "ultra" absorbent incontinence pads for Shane overnight, held in place by 4" vet wrap, and covering that with a neoprene back supporter. He still manages to twist it a bit, but not enough to defeat the purpose! (Waiting on a belly band in the mail. I'll test it before I order more.)

Oh, and you can get them from GEM (Greyhounds of Eastern Michigan) and HOT (Heart of Texas), and perhaps Northcoast Greyhounds, though they're sold out at the moment.

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).