Coughing

Guest tammy

Guest tammy

my girl has been coughing i think. for about a week. not sure if it truly a cough. may be like choking sounds? not all the time. some times during eating. some times not. have noticed nothing else. eating, drinking, going to the bath room ok. should i just watch her? or take her to the vet.

Guest Sweetreba

My girl Reba does a deep wheezing like sound. She inhales and exhales kind of fast and then hacks like she is coughing up a fur ball. She does it a lot in the winter when the house is dry and sometimes during allergy season. My vet says that is the way they blow their nose and if I watch she will do it and then swallow which she does. I was told to keep humidifiers running in the winter and it helps a lot but in the summer with the pollens it is harder to control. Luckily it is the worst with the dryness. Does this sound like what yours is doing?

Guest tammy

My girl Reba does a deep wheezing like sound. She inhales and exhales kind of fast and then hacks like she is coughing up a fur ball. She does it a lot in the winter when the house is dry and sometimes during allergy season. My vet says that is the way they blow their nose and if I watch she will do it and then swallow which she does. I was told to keep humidifiers running in the winter and it helps a lot but in the summer with the pollens it is harder to control. Luckily it is the worst with the dryness. Does this sound like what yours is doing?

you know i think this is different, reminds me of a kid's croupe cough. also noticed some yellow/green drainage in her nose. think i will take her to the vet just to make sure. thanks.

Allergies in dogs manifest as itchy skin; I've never heard of a dog coughing from an allergy. Coughing can be a symptom of some very serious ailments--I'd have her looked at if she were mine.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

you know i think this is different, reminds me of a kid's croupe cough. also noticed some yellow/green drainage in her nose. think i will take her to the vet just to make sure. thanks.

Good idea to see the vet. Yellow/green means some kind of infection.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg