Dry Greyhound Skin

Guest spaztastic_fam

Guest spaztastic_fam

My 3 year old greyhound has been with me for 4 months and has had very dry flaky skin since I got her. She is on a good diet and I am planning to purchase some fish oil to help. Is there anything else I can do for her? Her chest and tummy are bald and so the flakes are getting worse as we go into spring/summer months.

Guest BunnyBlab

Fish oil does help. I notice that even if I miss one day, Jacoby gets dandruffy. Also, we've just started on Springtime Fresh Factors (natural vitamin supplement), which has made his coat sleeker and shinier. I'm so new to it that I'm still increasing doses every week or so, but it's supposed to really work on the coat and I learned about it from a greyt friend who's in the know. :colgate

There is a brand of shampoo that worked well for my dog called "Sebocalm". (Vet prescription).

I also found that giving 1/2tsp per day of cold pressed wheatgerm oil was significantly more efficacious than the fish oils.

There is a brand of shampoo that worked well for my dog called "Sebocalm". (Vet prescription).

I also found that giving 1/2tsp per day of cold pressed wheatgerm oil was significantly more efficacious than the fish oils.