Odd Behavior

Trolley has been acting odd ever since we felt the earthquake on Sunday. She has been restless & whiny. Physically everything seems fine....she's eating, peeing & pooping normally. Her belly is soft. She can be engaged in play. Nothing seems to hurt her. She was up wandering around the house most of the night...seems to be looking for something. I finally gave her a Benadryl & she fell asleep. Do you think she is feeling the after-shocks? There have been hundreds. That's the only different factor that I can think of going on. Thoughts?

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

She needs to move to Illinois. We'll pick her up. lol.gif

Could be that she senses the vibration / aftershocks. If the initial quake agitated or scared her, the sensation of the aftershocks might be enough to make her think that it's going to happen again.

Our whole house shook yesterday when a thunderstorm rolled through. It's the first storm that I've seen Rocket react to. Usually they don't bother him, but this was the first big one since last summer. Normally he just sleeps through them, but when the house shook he sort of whimpered and went to his bed to lay down.

Hope she's doing better soon.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She may be feeling the aftershocks even though you aren't. If she's never been through an earthquake before she may be reacting to it. We know how sensitive these hounds can be, it may have scared her and she's waiting for the next one. I know how scary earthquakes are for people, I can't even begin to imagine what a dog would think, if anything.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest 3greysinPA

She needs to move to Illinois. We'll pick her up. lol.gif

This reply was just priceless! :lol

She may be feeling the aftershocks even though you aren't. If she's never been through an earthquake before she may be reacting to it. We know how sensitive these hounds can be, it may have scared her and she's waiting for the next one. I know how scary earthquakes are for people, I can't even begin to imagine what a dog would think, if anything.

Yes, Can you imagine how scary? or what they might think... :unsure

Awwww Poor Trolley Girl... i hope she is ok and is back to her old self very soon... :grouphug

P.s. could use a new trolley pic sometime soon... anyone else in need of a trolley fix? :inlove

Guest Giselle

My dogs are very sensitive to earthquakes, too. Poor things don't know we live just several miles from the Hayward fault :/

It's normal; just give her time and patience. It really does cure everything!

Thanks all. She seems better this morning. We both had a great night sleep & she seems more like her usual self. Hopefully this continues.... :rolleyes: They are such sensitive little souls.

Kristin....I will post some pics soon. Trolley will be spending a few days with MaryJo (Black&Brindle) next week, so I'm sure she will post some for everyone. :)

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart