Adams Flea And Tick Topical

I noticed the other day that Adams now has a flea and tick topical similar to Advantage and Frontline. I know the spray and the mist has not been an issue with greyts, but was wondering if anyone has used this topical. With the 4 hounds in the house it would be a lot cheaper then the other ones.

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Guest Energy11

Hey Greg! I know nothing about their topical. I will check into it, and let you know. IF it has exactly the SAME ingredients as the Adams Flea and Tick Mist, it is most likely safe.

I am very comfortable with the mist, in fact, we just "Adamsed" all five today. We do it once a week, now that it is getting warm again.

I would THINK all the Adams products contain the same ingredients, but one can never assume. Will let you know what I find out, and vice-vesa.

Hugs to your furkids! Dee and The Five

Guest Energy11

" ... Adams Spot On Flea & Tick Control once a month treatment is absorbed into the animal's bloodstream, which will make it unfavorable for fleas to survive once they bite the animal." ...

**I don't think I like the idea of the stuff "getting absorbed into the bloodstream." At least with the spray, it is just that ... topical. Personally, I'd stay away from the spot on stuff .

Edited by Energy11

Guest TeddysMom

I agree with Energy11. That was one of the reasons I started using the spray, I feel like I am poisoning my dogs by putting all that stuff in them that gets in them blood system. I do make an exception with the 4 dogs that have flea allergies and I have started using Comfortis, which is a pill, for them and I do mist them lightly with Adams in the spring when the fleas are the worst. Besides, last year I did use Frontline for a couple of months and they still got fleas so I think that the fleas are just getting immune to the stuff. The Adams mist just works better, the only down side is you do have to apply it weekly and with my crew, it takes a while but it is worth it.

Guest Energy11

I agree with Energy11. That was one of the reasons I started using the spray, I feel like I am poisoning my dogs by putting all that stuff in them that gets in them blood system. I do make an exception with the 4 dogs that have flea allergies and I have started using Comfortis, which is a pill, for them and I do mist them lightly with Adams in the spring when the fleas are the worst. Besides, last year I did use Frontline for a couple of months and they still got fleas so I think that the fleas are just getting immune to the stuff. The Adams mist just works better, the only down side is you do have to apply it weekly and with my crew, it takes a while but it is worth it.

Yep, to me also, it is worth the extra time of applying weekly! In fact, this was "Adams Saturday," here for The Five. I started spraying again, with the temps creeping up. It is supposed to be 75 here Friday! UGH ... 15 degrees above normal. Fleas, flies, wasps, bees, ... sad.gif

I'm a Adam's mist user also. I'm not fond of the absorbed topicals as it seems to stay on Tank for ever and never really soaks in. I had to use it once as part of a skin treatment and bless him, he stank for two weeks and was greasy as well. We treat our yard really well and once or twice a week he gets a spray as we are heading out the back door.

Guest Energy11

well, I broke down and bought a bottle of the water based flea and tick mist. Would rather do that then try the topical. Don't want stuff absorbed into the bloodstream

Good luck with it, Greg. It does work for us! I spray mine every Sat. Take care! Dee