Need Discount And/or Free Medical Care In Virginia

Guest lcdamer

Guest lcdamer

Hi! My Usta (You-Sta as in used to be a racer-lol) has a growth on his lip that needs to be removed surgically. I am unable to afford to have this removed and it is growing fast. I have taken him to two vets and both estimated surgery to be around $1000. Does anyone know a vet that will give discounts to Greys or will consider removing the growth for free? I live in Northern Virginia but would be willing to travel to Maryland, West Virginia or DC to help my Usta. I can send more info or pictures if needed. Thanks for your help!

I don't know that it's "discount", but Dominion Animal Hospital in Herndon has really good prices for our area. It's a nice practice that I used for my Dalmatian and would have continued to use for Mandy if it weren't for her blasted corns. Also, you may try calling the animal shelter, they often have information on vets that will do low cost procedures.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I can't PM you since you're new but if you can send pictures of the growth and the estimate(s) (just list what they've quoted on the estimate) to me at my email: retiredracers@live.com, I can give you an idea of what you might be charged here in the Richmond area.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I don't know that it's "discount", but Dominion Animal Hospital in Herndon has really good prices for our area. It's a nice practice that I used for my Dalmatian and would have continued to use for Mandy if it weren't for her blasted corns. Also, you may try calling the animal shelter, they often have information on vets that will do low cost procedures.

Did you call the adoption group where you adopted from?

What Burpdog said...

Also, talk to your vets office about payment plans or look into Care Credit - http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest jenznaz

Yeah, i was just going to ask if maybe your adoption group could help you out? Maybe a second opinion? I sometimes use Blue Ridge Vet 'cuz their rates are a little cheaper than around here: www.blueridgevets.com

I'm in Northern VA too, if I can help at all, PM me!

Jen

Edited by jenznaz

Guest sheila

it might be worthwhile to check into any veterinary schools in your area to see if they are willing to take your dog at a discount. I'm sure you would still have to pay for any anesthesia and after care meds, but perhaps the fee would be waived. Of course the dog would be operated on by a student, but the student would be supervised.