Hello From Nyc!

Guest Judynyc

Guest Judynyc

HI everybody!

I was a member here a while back but lost it due to being a no show for more than 90 days...and we are back.

Its great to come back.

I'm in downtown NYC with my 3 dogs....Leyla is my first greyhound and has been with me for the last 1.5 years now.

She'll be 7 this May and had a great career down in Naples, Fla. She's a beautiful fawn and a bit on the tall side.

My other 2 dogs are an 11 boy shih-tzu and an 8 yr old girl blue cattle dog.

Leyla came to me via NGAP and is now officially mine on paper...her previous owner had to give her up.

Leyla and I got very lucky to find each other....she is a total love bug and I adore her.

Looking to get to know you! :)

Edited by Judynyc

Guest Drumhellergrey

HI everybody!

I was a member here a while back but lost it due to being a no show for more than 90 days...and we are back.

Its great to come back.

I'm in downtown NYC with my 3 dogs....Leyla is my first greyhound and has been with me for the last 1.5 years now.

She'll be 7 this May and had a great career down in Naples, Fla. She's a beautiful fawn and a bit on the tall side.

My other 2 dogs are an 11 boy shih-tzu and an 8 yr girl old blue cattle dog.

Leyla came to me via NGAP and is now officially mine on paper...her previous owner had to give her up.

Leyla and I got very lucky to find each other....she is a total love bug and I adore her.

Looking to get to know you! :)

Hello Right Back. I'm totally new to this site. I'm up in Canada.

Hi Judy,

Welcome back :welcome2 I would love to hear about your life with greyhounds in the Big Apple! Do you live in an apartment building? Where do you take your dogs to go potty? Do you walk them a lot, or have a place to take them to run? Can't wait to see pictures of your crew also!

Pat

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest Judynyc

HI and Thanks for the welcomes!!

We do live in an apartment in Manhattan. We are always looking for safe ways to be off leash as space here is hard to find.

We go walking a lot for potty time....local dog run for off leash time...and a school yard with closed gates for other off leash time.

nomorehatmom.JPG

This is Leyla at a local dog event where we ran the greyhound table.....she is a wonderful ambassador.

Leyla is a very calm and stable hound.....she has excellent dog skills and so I use her in my work with other dogs. I am a trainer/walker, problem solver/puppy housebreaker, kind of person with my own little business.

Leyla has helped me with a very confident Akita puppy in schooling the pup about good dog behavior....its amazing to watch her do this. I think that she enjoys doing it.

Guest Judynyc

HI and Thanks!!

I do love all of my dogs dearly...but I have to say that Leyla has got me bad!! :wub:

Chrissy aka momofthefuzzy-We are in the Gramercy area of Manhattan....there are a bunch that do a meetup on the upper west side...Maddy & Jeff with their hound, oops, I can't recall his name!! :blush

Which part of the city are you in?

I use the dog run in Stuyvesant Park. Its not big nor will she run in it often but at least I can let her off leash in there.

Guest DylanGospel

HI Judy,

I remember you from GMGP where we used to talk back and forth. It's good to meet up with you here.

We still have Dylan and Gospel and have so much fun with them. We also have a foster most of the time. Our present one has been with us for quite some time for no reason other than people deciding not to adopt for one reason or another. He's a great dog and will make someone a perfect pet.

I have a daughter who works in lower Manhattan and lives in a 500 sq ft. apartment in Brooklyn overlooking the Verazanno Bridge. She has a dog and two cats and thinks our present foster would make a wonderful addition, but realizes that her present job makes it impossible for her to take in another dog.

Good to see you again. I remember your magazine picture, and how much I admired what you were able to do. I sure wish that I could do the same! :)

Janet

Guest Judynyc

Thanks Janet!! I rememebr you too...great to meet up with you again.

You can do it too.....If I can do it....anyone can.

I was a terrible eater and had to learn how to eat properly. I'm currently in my 5th year of maintaining a 120 lb loss. B)

If you want info privately, just send me a PM....if I can get them yet. :huh:lol

Guest DylanGospel

Thanks Janet!! I rememebr you too...great to meet up with you again.

You can do it too.....If I can do it....anyone can.

I was a terrible eater and had to learn how to eat properly. I'm currently in my 5th year of maintaining a 120 lb loss. B)

If you want info privately, just send me a PM....if I can get them yet. :huh:lol

I won't be able to come up for air until after Easter. To make matters worse, we have a seasonal chocolate shop. I often joke that having me work there is pretty similar to putting the fox in charge of the chicken coop! :)

I've managed to keep myself within reasonable bounds, but have put on way too much to feel completely comfortable. As soon as I get time to breathe, I'll tackle it and would appreciate your insight.

Janet

Guest Javagirl

Hey Judy, welcome back. We are former residents of Forest Hills, Queens - we left after Bear Sterns tanked. Now we are in DC. We used to be in the Greyhounds group in MeetUp.com but it was always hard to find a place for all the greys.

Judy - in case you haven't seen it yet - check your post on the other message board. I live near the area with the problem and need more info from you so I can check it out.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Judynyc

HI Javagirl, Carronstar and macoduck.... :wave

I do remember you and your gorgeous hound, carronstar! I hope to catch up with you guys at another meetup one of these days. Its just so costly for me to get all the way up there..if I only had a car.

macoduck.....thanks and will head over there now!! :heart