Peppers Lame

Hi all, a few kind thoughts would be much appreciated,please,for pepper.peps rear right leg is very swollen,looks like it could be infected,he has a slight graze,inside the leg,and the swelling seems to run down inside the leg to the hock.peps in good spirits though,so its of to the vets tomorrow.

Guest SusanP

Fingers crossed that it's something that can be cleared up quickly. Do you have any idea what he grazed it on? I guess I'd feel reassured that there are signs of injury, rather than something internal acting up on its own. Sending good thoughts!

Fingers crossed that it's something that can be cleared up quickly. Do you have any idea what he grazed it on? I guess I'd feel reassured that there are signs of injury, rather than something internal acting up on its own. Sending good thoughts!

no idea how he did it,could be something to do with the graze which looks insignificant. :unsure

Hi All,just back from the vets with pepper,vet says its an infection,coupled with a temperature,the leg is swollen,and the skin is a red/purple colour :unsure like bruising :unsure .so pep is on a course of antibiotics.but all in all pep is his "normal" self,one of my daughters left an unattended easter egg so pep had a midnight feast :angry:

Guest Energy11

Glad Pepper saw the vet, and you are on the right track getting the infection under control! :-)) Hope Pepper heals soon.

Poor bug. Hope the meds do the trick and he is back to himself soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Looking at this photo, it ALMOST looks like bleeding under the skin. Do you think Pepper could have hit the inside of the leg? That would account for the sweling and the lameness.

Hope Pepper heals soon!

Looking at this photo, it ALMOST looks like bleeding under the skin. Do you think Pepper could have hit the inside of the leg? That would account for the sweling and the lameness.

Hope Pepper heals soon!

it does lool like bleeding under the skin,the confusing thing is pep is not lame,he is running around as normal,the leg looks a little stiff,when he climbs on the couch :unsure

i am wondering if pep ran into something,upon the easthill where we take our early morning walk,and it is normally in the dark :unsure

Edited by Peppersdad

Guest Energy11

Hope Pepper heals soon!

it does lool like bleeding under the skin,the confusing thing is pep is not lame,he is running around as normal,the leg looks a little stiff,when he climbs on the couch unsure.gif

i am wondering if pep ran into something,upon the easthill where we take our early morning walk,and it is normally in the dark unsure.gif

It DOES look like he could have hit that leg, and you are looking at bleeding under the skin, and not an infection. And, my disclaimer ... I am not a vet, but to me, it does looks like the bleeding. Glad Pep isn't lame, and hope he feels better VERY soon!