Possibly Stupid Question Re: Muzzles

This is a stupid question, but...can a dog who is wearing a muzzle still get peanut butter out of a kong, or a filling out of a hollow bone? I ask because I think we're going to need to start muzzling Lucy now that she's not crated, as she has started to act up, badly (this week she pulled a row of wall-mounted hooks off the wall, presumably by pulling very hard on a leash that was hanging from it....also chewed some curtains and chewed molding, a windowsill, and our table). However, with her history of SA, I want to continue the system we have for that, which worked to get the SA in check, which is leaving her with a super special treat that she only gets when we leave (a hollow bone stuffed with tuna and cream cheese). Would she still be able to do that with a muzzle? Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? I'm pretty sure this new behavior is bordem rather than SA, as her SA symptoms were different. (And since I know someone will bring it up, I realize this could be an energy thing, and we are upping her exercise and looking into mid-day dog walkers...but I need to stop the destruction in the meantime or I won't have a house left!)

sig_border.jpg
Always missing our angel Lucy, a four year osteo survivor.

Um, it just occurred to me to try it. Ugh, I'm so stupid today. I felt bad, as she really struggled with it, but she was able to get the peanut butter out as long as I didn't put it too far down inside the kong. I wonder if it might be easier with an Australian nylon muzzle?

sig_border.jpg
Always missing our angel Lucy, a four year osteo survivor.

They can get it out, it just takes longer, which is a good thing! I know there are several dogs who get PB kongs and muzzled when their people leave.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly