Poo And Pee In The House Every Day Now

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Since Lola got sick, she has been wetting the bed, couch, floor, etc. We are trying to restrict access to the carpeted areas, as the tile is easier to clean. Rudy has taken this as a green light to poo anywhere he wants to. To say we are exhausted and tired of doing laundry and scrubbing carpet would be an understatement. The bilirubin in Lola's pee accidents has stained everything it touches. My parents bought us a king mattress set about 6 months ago, and it is basically ruined. Any suggestions???

As always, thanks so much.

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear this. There are many products you can get to clean urine in PetSmart or PetSupermarket. If they dont' work, I'd call in a professional cleaner. They do steam cleaning, etc, ... just explain what you are dealing with. Good luck and lots of love!

Don't let her on the furniture anymore. In the meantime, make sure the dog beds have something surrounding the bed part that is going to protect the guts so you only need to wash the cover.

Get some good enzyme cleaner and soak everything she's peed on, including your bed and suck it back out after letting it set a little bit with a wet vac or carpet cleaner.

Poor you, Poor Lola.

:grouphug:grouphug

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest grey_dreams

Agree with the others that you may need a professional cleaner. Also agree that you should wrap the dog beds in plastic and then put the cover, so you only have to clean the cover and not the whole bed. Get a waterproof fitted sheet for your bed, then if she has an accident it will only touch the sheet and not the mattress.

Rudy has taken this as a green light to poo anywhere he wants to.

Look at the situation from his point of view. He is probably stressed because of Lola's illness and stress from you and your DH.

Hugs to all of you at this difficult time. :grouphug

We had a cat once that used to pee in our bed - more spite than illness. A waterproof mattress cover helped us out a lot. It's not the most comfortable thing to sleep on, but it did save our mattress set from ruin. I also second putting plastic covers under the dog bed covers. Good luck!

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Actually, I learned something valuable about this stuff from a cat I had many moon ago.

There are waterproof sheets and mattress covers that are made out of something that feels more like fabric than it does plastic. Look for terms like "comfortable and quiet" in the product description. No one, not even people with incontinence, wants to sleep on something that crinkles whenever they move. You can buy it at someplace like Bed, Bath and Beyond or Amazon. Use that over your dog bed as the cover, maybe pin/stich it underneath, so you don't have to wash the covers all the time.

They also make Waterproof, dog pads for the Igloo line of outdoor dog houses, I got a few when Pete was trying to tell me not to crate him anymore. The pad is made out of "durable, moisture repellent vinyl covers and replaceable foam padding."

Large rolls of clear plastic wrap are sold at the hardware store to protect the floor and furniture when painting a room.

Hope some of this helps!

Guest mirthlesstroll

Maybe you can find her some doggy panties and put a human incontinence pad inside, so she won't get pee all over the house, and won't be soaking in her own pee all day.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3764793

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752007&keepsr=0&clickid=prod_cs

I hope Lola feels better soon! :bighug