Alternative Therapies

Guest greytloves

Guest greytloves

Does anyone have a homeopathic/alternative therapy doc that does phone consults that you recommend?

I've emailed out to Dr. Doug but have not heard back. (He wrote the Naural Healing book and a few others)

My foster has discoid lupus and I'm looking for the protocols of the sulfur + aurum met treatment. I want to get him away from the steroid use if at all possible for his long term treatment but really want the guidance of a doc.

Google up lupus + naltrexone. It's pretty interesting stuff, but you're pushing double-risky: no trials with humans for lupus, best as I know, and no trials with dogs for anything.

But- inexpensive, safe, and potentially effective with virtually no side effects.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

One of my pups has lupus and she only takes prednisone if she has a really bad flare up, so, if this foster is new and just being treated, the prednisone is probably necessary now to get it under control, but will not be needed forever.

Pinky takes a lot of vitamins and tetracycline. No steroids.

The naltrexone is worth looking into though I don't know much about it. Don' t know anything about the treatment you're asking about either, sorry.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

My Ig has discoid lupus..he was only on pred when it was really bad..along with doxy, vitamin e and salmon oil and a prescription ointment for nose, protopic..Now he is only on vitamin E and Salmon oil. I have read grain free helps, but i have not been able to find a quality grain free he can tolerate. He is on limited ingredients IVD food for stomach issues..lupus seems fine! I will keep close eye on him now that wood stove is on in the house. Vet also mentioned niacimin (spelling)..also, sunscreen and avoid sun during midday hours.