We Got The Tree Yesterday

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

Seems like one of those activities you just should have been here for, smelling new smells, looking for squirrels, even slipping on the ice like you did that one time we got forest service permits to cut "wild" trees out in the middle of nowhere. And who could forget you christening the new tree, and probably wondering why Momma scolded you for using the neat new indoor pee spot I put there just for you, so you thought! (Don't worry, Frankie still carries on the tradition once a year, he gets scolded, too!)

Me and T still talk about you all the time, and now and then I still shed a tear; even though I have been told that you would not want me to. It's hard to avoid; I still mourn for you, all those missed years we should have had. I miss you, my sweet boy. I hope that you are at peace, always; and I will see you again one day. Until then, be a good boy, and I will be thinking of you at Christmas time.

To everyone who is missing a special hound this Holiday season, :grouphugf_yellow

The journey through grief is sometimes very long :brokenheart:grouphug:brokenheart

I'm struggling too at the moment with memories of my Teddy. We lost him on 14 December 3 years ago to bone cancer at the age of 6. I find it so difficult to think about him and keep thinking that he should still be here enjoying life.

There must be a lot of people missing their special hounds this Christmas so :grouphug to everyone.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest lynne893

Thank you. Yes, hugs to everyone missing their dear sweet hounds this season. We miss our Timber so much. She passed in September. Getting the tree, and all of these little "firsts" without her is sad.

:f_red :f_red :f_red

:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thank you for such a beautiful remembrance.

Our Sophie so loved the Christmas tree lights. She would lie on the sofa with her head on the armrest and gaze at it all night long. She loved it so much that we put up a tiney Valentine tree with red and pink lights, a St. Patrick's tree with green lights, an Easter/Spring tree with flowers and pastel lights, a summer tree with red, white and blue lights and a Fall/Halloween tree with leaves and orange lights. Sophie only lived long enough this year to see her Easter tree. The picture of her as an angel on my siggie was taken last Christmas. It was the last photo we have of her.

Even though we have two wonderful, new hounds whom we love so much already, and our Border Collie, Mittens, we miss Sophie terribly. It's amazing how these wonderful dogs become a part of your heart and when they're gone, you feel as if a part of you is missing. So this year, Christmas is bittersweet. I am so thankful for Teddy and Daisy. But I will always and forever miss my Sophie.

I wonder--when do the tears finally stop? Or will I always cry when I think of her?

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg