Help With Ears

Guest 4dogscrazy

Guest 4dogscrazy

Anyone out there have good advice for ear cleaning? My hound was just to the vet, so there are no problems there. They don't smell and are not itchy, just a little yucky inside. I have had dogs all my life, and never really had to clean out anyone's ears (leave it to the boy to be the only one!). I don't want to use anything that squirts inside. To me, squirting liquid inside an ear just doesn't seem right. I have seen groomers do this, but I'm hoping you guys have something better!

Thanks!

Tina

Edited by 4dogscrazy

Dogs ears are set up differently than ours. I think there is a 90 degree turn in there somewhere which is why its safe to squirt stuff in? I squirt, massage, let em shake, then wipe out with cotton ball. Then apply some liquid powder for ears to dry up any left over liquid.

Dogs HATE this so a really good chewie is always needed.

------

Jessica

Unless they're really gross, I'd just leave them alone.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest 4dogscrazy

Baby wipes sound good to me, easy and not too invasive! His are the first I have ever had to clean, all my other dogs have been fine when left alone. Could be because he is a white dog with pink skin and it shows up easier. Thanks!

Dogs HATE this so a really good chewie is always needed.

Ahh, MOST dogs hate this, this is true, but Ollie- yo ucan do ANYTHING and I mean anything to and he is happy to be taken care of!!!! :blush

His ears although seemingly clean had something going on so badly that he made his insides bleed from the scratching. I was using the nolva solution (squirt in the ears) and that was a temp releif. He got a shot yesterday and and animax cream- which made a huge difference.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I use the ear wipes and gently go inside and wipe out the gunk, if you do it slow and easy they think they are getting ear rubs. If I am out of wipes I put a little rubbing alcohol on a cosmetic wipe and clean them that way.