Amputation Tomorrow!

Guest dfriedri

Guest dfriedri

Sorry I haven't gotten back to update the last few days. We haven't had too much going on.

Star came home again on Thursday and was all bandaged up again. We had been leaving it unbandaged but since they had to redo the staples they also put a drain in to help with all the seepage (sp?). It is kinda nasty but the vet said it needs to drain so all of that doesn't collect inside of her. He said it isn't blood but whatever it is smells really bad after a day or so. No infection or anything though! So that is good!

The screaming has gotten much better. We started reducing the Tramadol earlier in the week and that has made a big difference. I slept thru the entire night last night for the first time since her surgery. And when I woke up, she was on her bad side and must not have cried out while getting there which is what she has typically done in the past.

The licking is the hardest thing to control. She wants to lick it constantly and I have it bandaged and a tshirt on but she still gets to the bare skin around it a little. I'll be glad when it is all healed!!!

Also................

I got the job in Omaha today!!!

I am sooo excited! I start Monday!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the screaming has gotten better. Sending continued healing thoughts for Star. Congratulations on the job!!

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

WOW- WHAT AMAZING news and no one deserves this job more than you do. The planets have finally lined up for you!

When things settle down a bit more, I know of a certain boy who is waiting for you! ;)

http://www.qcgreyhoundadoption.com/retiredracers/zander.html

(this is Elsie's son that we spoke about!)

If you adopted him you would have Elsie's son and Beau's half sister. Surely that makes us related, right!?

So happy that things are truning around for both you and Star.

xoxox

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest dfriedri
WOW- WHAT AMAZING news and no one deserves this job more than you do. The planets have finally lined up for you!

When things settle down a bit more, I know of a certain boy who is waiting for you! ;)

http://www.qcgreyhoundadoption.com/retiredracers/zander.html

(this is Elsie's son that we spoke about!)

If you adopted him you would have Elsie's son and Beau's half sister. Surely that makes us related, right!?

So happy that things are truning around for both you and Star.

xoxox

If that didn't make us related i don't know what would!!!

Guest dfriedri

Just wanted to update everyone!

Star is running! The incision looks awesome and really doesn't cause her any pain anymore. She still cries out a little but I think it is either phantom pain or attention seeking or a little of both!

We have just had one crazy thing after another and her life is kind of unsettled right now but I start my new job tomorrow and hopefully it is all going to settle down soon and we can stay the night in one place more than a few days in a row!!!

She even tried to jump on my friend's dad today and it was soooo hard to scold her down because it was so great to see her get that excited that she wanted to jump on him!