Baxter, The World's Oldest Therapy Dog

MilliesMom

Guest 3greysinPA

:weep Baxter, what a sweet doggie you were ... thank you for laying with and kisses all those wonderful patients and touching so many lives...

f_yellow Rest In Peace Beautiful Baxter f_yellow

Guest Energy11

What a wonderful dog, who did soooo much to help others.

One of my best friends has two greyhounds who are certified therapy dogs. She is also a Instructor/Trainer. I am very proud of her, and happy she does this to help others.

Baxter WAS ONE AWESOME BOY! RIP and run free with a happy heart, at The Rainbow Bridge.

What an amazing dog. I've followed his story for a long time. My greys have always been therapy dogs since I work in rehab and they really can make a difference in a patients life. I can only imagine the love the patients felt from Baxter.

You did good in this life Baxter.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

My son was over this afternoon and showed me this video. I was crying buckets. Then he had to tell me the following story. He's a physical therapist and showed this video to several of the women he works with. One of them said "How awful it would be if Baxter died while in bed with a patient!" :jaw Then the other one piped up and asked if Baxter was incontinent, and if so, did he wear diapers! WTH??? So, the other day he found two stuffed toys that looked like Baxter, bought baby diapers, cut a hole for the tail, then gave them to these women. Then proceeded to thank them for ruining a feel good moment for him. In a loving way, of course! :P

At any rate, Baxter and his mom are truly amazing, and I hope he lives the rest of his life being able to help in such an incredible way.

Edited to add: I just now looked at the link and saw that Baxter had passed away. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Edited by pabozem

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest greytexplorer

You done good, Baxter! :nod Good boy :clap

Thank you for the wonderful service that you provided. :kiss2

Edited by greytexplorer