Sherwood Forest In Uk

I just recieved this and I know we have members from the UK. I hope this is the right place to put this.

Don't know if I know anyone who goes into any parts of Sherwood Forest but I'd rather send it to people and no-one goes than not send it and someone does go.

Even those of us who don't go, please forward it on just in case someone we know knows someone who does - if you see what I mean.

Jean

Sherwood Forest, Notts.

Just had an urgent email from the manager of my local rescue centre warning me not to go to the woods with my dogs because 15 dogs have

already died of suspected poisoning

There are woods situated all round the village - we are within Sherwood Forest - so trying to establish which ones are the problem.

It could be someone deliberately laying bait for dogs to take, something the Forestry Commission have put down or a naturally occuring toxin (

like the blue algae on stagnant ponds which affects the nervous systems

and produces symptoms of poisoning).

Please cross post.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

All I can find with a news search or a google search is the same rumour. Nothing is on the Forestry Commission website for the area reportedly affected - Blidworth - apart from this, from Dog Pages:

Just found this from Mansfield 103.2 fm website.

Thursday 24th September, 2009

Walkers Warning After Dog Deaths

Dog walkers are being warned to be extra careful in a part of woodland near Blidworth.

The Forestry Commission, who are in charge of Haywood Oaks, is investigating the deaths of three dogs who have been there recently.

Their advice is that people can still go there but must keep their animals on a lead and in their sights at all times.

Notices are being put up to that effect in the car park there.

Meanwhile, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) say they are also looking into what may be the cause and toxicology reports could be prepared.

There is nothing else that comes up via google or any other search and I would have thought there would have been a lot more coverage if there had been 15 suspect dog deaths

It's a great example of how things get blown out of proportion. There seems to maybe be some truth to it, but how much truth, who knows?

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop