New Greyhound Owner

Guest richnzaza

Guest richnzaza

Hi everyone, thought I would share some pics of our first Greyhound since I love looking at all of yours. Thought about adopting about 6 years ago but decided not to, just didn't think the time was right.

Now I wish I would have! but maybe it was meant to be and we were waiting for Ready Mix to finish his career. He is an incredible dog; smart, funny, loyal and remarkably perceptive. He's turning out to be quite an ambassador for Greyhound adoption. Even my wife who isn't very keen on dogs (bitten 3 times as a child by off leash aggressive dogs) praises him to everybody that she can. Thanks for letting me ramble hope you enjoy the pics.

Mix (Ready Mix) rests after his first trip up the stairs.

Mix%20027.JPG

still loves to run!!

P1020056.JPG

At this point we're thinking the doggie door isn't gonna work. But after showing it to him and coaxing him through with a tasty treat, we decided not to push it and about three days later he started going in and out like he's been doing it all of his life.

P1020001.JPG

He loves to lay in the sun.

P1010973.JPG

Another learning experience, we are finding all yo have to do is show him something once, the when he's ready he'll do it. He literally glides up the stairs now. doesn't even stumble going down anymore.

Mix%20017.JPG

My daughter, who wanted a German Shepherd, comforts him on his first evening at home. It was a stressful day for Mix; hot, long car ride, and a bunch of strangers. Would be tough on anybody.

Mix%20041.JPG

He has settled in nicely, this is where he waits for his dinner, once it's ready and everybody leaves the kitchen (this is mandatory) he'll go in and eat.

P1020060.JPG

This is how I used to do it; man was I a BEAST!!

P1020051.JPG

cooling off after a romp around the yard.

P1020058.JPG

Ooh, he is handsome!! Greetings from Gainesville, FL!! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome from LI and congrats! Looks like everyone is settling in beautifully!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My new boy has that same bald butt. Just makes you want to kiss his little face, doesn't it. God Love 'Em and you too, for bringing him home. You've got a friend for life. :) Congrats, Dad.

Guest TeddysMom

Congrats from MO. and welcome to GT. This is the best place to be for learning about your new grey. I'm new to greyhounds and almost any question you have or advice you need, you will find it here. Mix is a handsome boy and I love the pictures, especially the one of him through the doggy dog. How cute is that face!

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi and a big welcome from Philly :wave

Ready Mix is stunning and I love his name. Once a greyhound enters your life, it will never be the same again :)

You may feel free to keep the pictures coming!!

Welcome from the UK. Loved the pics and thought the dog door was was really cute. He's a very quick learner, unlike my Frisby who's not!!