Molar Extraction

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

My girl is going in Friday for 2 molar extractions. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I am so worried but these teeth need out. My other girl is going in next week for the same thing and I just want to know more about this from a fellow grey owner.

Any one know how long they will keep her under for this?

Thanks!

I am sure I will be a nervous wreck on Friday.

Guest Energy11

Energy had both his molars removed. Actually, MOST of his teeth were gone by age 10. He did well with all of his extractions. :-))

Hoping all goes well with yours. Sending you love, hugs and prayers!

Guest LeanneSchatz
My girl is going in Friday for 2 molar extractions. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I am so worried but these teeth need out. My other girl is going in next week for the same thing and I just want to know more about this from a fellow grey owner.

Any one know how long they will keep her under for this?

Thanks!

I am sure I will be a nervous wreck on Friday.

Do they do ok with out the molars? I know that they really need out. Bea's gums bleed a lot when I brush and her breath is terrible. She was a return and she just had a dental in April but the old vet left them in!!! I don't know why they didn't come out then!

She'll do fine without them.

Let me just share what I learned that will help. Ask the vet if they were difficult extractions or they came out very easily.

If they were difficult, expect there to be swelling, and if you put ice on her jaw once she's home, and do it until she won't let you anymore this will really help there not to be much swelling the next morning and will help her be more comfortable and in less pain

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LeanneSchatz

Let me just share what I learned that will help. Ask the vet if they were difficult extractions or they came out very easily.

If they were difficult, expect there to be swelling, and if you put ice on her jaw once she's home, and do it until she won't let you anymore this will really help there not to be much swelling the next morning and will help her be more comfortable and in less pain

Thanks! I will ask. The vet said the roots are completley exposed so I don't really know what that means.

It means they need to come out. :(

Also means she'll feel better once she's healed. :)

And that you should brush the teeth she has left every day. My boys recommend chicken paste (poulty-flavored enzymatic toothpaste). :D

Best wishes for a smooth dental. :thumbs-up

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Thanks! I will ask. The vet said the roots are completley exposed so I don't really know what that means.

It's just like with us, when the roots are exposed like that it's because the gums have receded to expose them. She will feel much better with them out

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LeanneSchatz

It's just like with us, when the roots are exposed like that it's because the gums have receded to expose them. She will feel much better with them out

I hope so! She also has a thyroid issue. I know that sometimes can cause a breath problem. The vet thinks the dental will help with the breath odor. Bea has had a rough time. She got returned in June and then we got and ever since then, we have been trying to fix her thryoid issue, the last vet had her on the wrong dose. I just want her healthy!