Need Sugestions

Psi (9yrs, on thyroid meds) Has not been wanting to eat (but im sure its the food cause eggs or chicken and rice he scarfs up). I just noticed today while he was laying down his head began to temble. went on for about 5 min. Now all is fine should I be worried or just keep an eye on him?

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest Energy11

Hummmm.... Might want to get the thyroid numbers checked again. If his head trembling keeps up, he probably needs to see the vet. I always think seizures when this happens, NOT to say, that is what happened to you. I'd just keep an eye on him and go from there, but, if the thyroid levels haven't been checked recently, I'd get that done anyway. Good luck, love and hugs from here!

Head tremors? Like this??? Chloe is on thyroid meds for low thyroid.

th_MVI_1978.jpg

th_MVI_1977.jpg

My vet says not to worry unless it lasts more than 3 minutes or so. We immediately give her a full cookie and as she eats it- the tremors stop.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

It bothers me when they don't want to eat the kibble but will eat other food--I wonder if the kibble is bad. Are allergies an issue in your part of the country right now?

edited to add: how much thyroid?

The other two have no issue eating it, but was my first thought so I bought another bag and nope wont eat unless it has goodies in it then mainly eats around the kibble he is on Soloxin .6 2x a day

My vet says not to worry unless it lasts more than 3 minutes or so. We immediately give her a full cookie and as she eats it- the tremors stop.

yes like that just not quite so pronounced.

edited to add:

he is on antiobiotics for his ripped toenail but the eating thing was a day before he tore it

Hummmm.... Might want to get the thyroid numbers checked again. If his head trembling keeps up, he probably needs to see the vet. I always think seizures when this happens, NOT to say, that is what happened to you. I'd just keep an eye on him and go from there, but, if the thyroid levels haven't been checked recently, I'd get that done anyway. Good luck, love and hugs from here!

They were checked 6 mo ago but I may ask the vet when we go in tues for his bandage removal

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest Energy11
It bothers me when they don't want to eat the kibble but will eat other food--I wonder if the kibble is bad. Are allergies an issue in your part of the country right now?

edited to add: how much thyroid?

The other two have no issue eating it, but was my first thought so I bought another bag and nope wont eat unless it has goodies in it then mainly eats around the kibble he is on Soloxin .6 2x a day

yes like that just not quite so pronounced.

edited to add:

he is on antiobiotics for his ripped toenail but the eating thing was a day before he tore it

They were checked 6 mo ago but I may ask the vet when we go in tues for his bandage removal

Good idea! A lot can change in six month with the thyroid. As long as you're going to be at the vets, may as welll get the thyroid re-checked. Good Luck!