Ugh! Greyhounds And Foot Injuries!

I thought Arwen had just torn the nail bed. No noticable break in the nail. Some bleeding. 3 days later she's still babying it and it bleeds occasionaly. The vet says the nail is broken way up high and possibly the quick. It needs surgery to remove the nail. So tomorrow she will have the surgery. Luckily the new vet in the practice worked in Kanas near a track and has repaired LOTS of toe injuries!

Seems we can't go more than a couple of months without somebody needing some kind of treatment!

Guest Energy11

Staggerlee did something like that a few months ago. LUCKILY, the nail fell out, and I was able to treat it.

Good luck, and it is a pretty easy surgery, which is good.

I feel your pain Suzy, Jake is my foot boy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest hvacman250

Ah, the joys of owning greyhounds and having a 1/4 acre race track in the back yard.

This year we have amputated 2 toes due to bad breaks/dislocations and had an almost $3000 knee surgery between 3 dogs.

Guest RocketDog

Poor Arwen! We've had foot injuries here too - both of ours have dislocated the same toe, in fact! We're going to have to amputate Rocket's, it keeps popping back out - Cassie's calcified over within a few weeks (kept it wrapped and nothing but leash walks for 6wks). I hope her foot feels better after the procedure, and here's to quick healing!