My Conner Is Sick

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

My baby is dry heaving this morning. When I fed Kool Aid and Oranda he never even came to check things out. :weep

Any chance that he could have gotten into something?

If it seems that he can't hold anything down I would probably start to think about taking him to the e-vet since it's been going on for 1 1/2 days now - he may need to be checked over by the vet and have some x-rays taken to make sure that he's not dealing with more than an "upset tummy".

Good Luck ...

As someone asked- did he get into anything, a crumb of anything else? I found Beau starting to munch on a cookie that Elsie had when she decided to get up and move beds, thank GOD I heard it and ran over to him and pulled it out of him throat/mouth.

I understand that the slightest change can wreak havoc on what otherwise is a "normal" situation for others.

Sending lots of prayer and hoping whatever this is, ends as quickly as it started.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest koolaidnconner

I got home from work today at about 4pm and my DBF said he has dry heaved a few more times. I called the vet and she asked if he was drinking, or if anything else was differant which it is not. He is drinking and walking and acting normal besides dry heaving. I am keeping a close eye on him and if thier is anything that changes I will take him to the evet but for now I am dropping him off in the morning with his regular doc. She thinks he ate something he probably should not have had and is having a flare up of his IBD. I thought the IBD was just diarreha bt apparently they can throw up as well during a flare up.

If that is what it is he is going to go on a round of prednisone.

I thought the IBD was just diarreha bt apparently they can throw up as well during a flare up.

Yup. Minnie often does this. :( It depends on where the inflammation is located. ETA: I hope that he recovers soon, preferably without needing pred.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)