Figgy's Boo Boo From The Other Day

Guest 3greysinPA

Guest TurnerMiller01

i have some pics i took today of Figgy's laceration from the what we believe was the bottom of the fence.

It does look better and has a scab on it today....Today he is not licking it as much... which is good...

However, he is still limping on the right front leg.... he will not limp on it all day.. just off and on...

still scares me.. gonna see how he is in another day... lets give him one more day of healing...

Figgysbooboo005.jpg

Figgysbooboo004.jpg

Figgysbooboo003.jpg

We Love you Figgy

JUNE20TH2009003.jpg:wub::wub::wub::wub:

ETA: No more loose Rottie sightings... thank goodness.

Edited by TurnerMiller01

Guest FullMetalFrank

The owie looks like it will heal fine. Did you see what happened? I wonder if he took a tumble and injured his leg at the same time he got the scrape? I hope he feels better soon, he looks like such a sweet boy! keep us posted...

Glad to hear that he is feeling a little bit better!!!!! :colgate Hopes the pain goes away soon!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TurnerMiller01
:kiss2 from Pipi

Right back at ya Pipi :kiss2:beatheart

The owie looks like it will heal fine. Did you see what happened? I wonder if he took a tumble and injured his leg at the same time he got the scrape? I hope he feels better soon, he looks like such a sweet boy! keep us posted...

My Dh was home at the time... i was on my way home from work... Dh says he was running very fast along the back side of the property chasing the rottie... and just came to the end of the fence .. at the corner... and didnt stop.. and his butt slide around and under the fence.. I dont even know how its possible... he must have been running very fast...

but will keep you posted ... ... he is a sweet heart... i feel very fortunate to have such sweet hounds.

thank you for caring.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Oh that doesn't look too bad :) Streamer took a nasty spill at full speed on wet concrete once and had gashes and scrapes all over. He hopped up like "Cool Man I wanna do that again!!! naw, I'm not hurt!!!" he healed up just fine too :kiss2 Hopefully Figgy just twisted his leg funny and will be walking better in no time. Keep us updated on his limp though.

Fiona has a little scar in the exact same spot from chasing a squirrel and scraping too close to a tree with rough bark. Our vet checked it out and had me just keep Bacitracin on in for the first two days, then air dry. It looked just like Figgy's wound and healed nicely. Figgy seems to have thicker fur than Fiona so the hair will probably just grow back in over the spot.

He is such a sweetheart - hope he feels better soon! :wub: :wub:

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Energy11

Cut looks good! Limp definitely might be related, based on the butt sliding under the fence. I'd keep an eye on it, and go from there.

figgy's cut looks like it will heal just fine. i agree...just put bacitracin on it. Jackie scraped up her leg the other day, when she jumped (unexpectedly) into my mom's pool. we just put neosporin on it and it's healing ok. figgy is so cute and i love his name. :)

2rqyqhd.jpg

Guest TurnerMiller01

:blink: Figgy licked the scab completely off over night... and is now open again.. and bleeding a little bit.... not bad....

ohh Figgy.... gotta keep the tongue in your mouth... :(

the limp is off and on... worries me... keeping an eye on him... ;)

THANK YOU to ALL of you who wished him well... he is a one sweetie of a houndie :wub:

Figgy, we need to teach you the laws of enertia.. :lol

The cut looks not too bad and should heal up and give him a bit of a scar. But chicks dig scars.. He may have bruised the muscle and that should heal too. Just like humans, we buise a leg sometimes he hurts to walk and we limp and sometimes it doesn't till he is all healed. I know it is impossible to keep a grey inactive but if you can keep him from going to nutz running and maybe shorter walks it may heal up a tad quiker.

Bijou is my klutz and has the scars and owies to prove it. :lol

Just like kids that never grow up

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Guest TurnerMiller01
Figgy, we need to teach you the laws of enertia.. :lol

The cut looks not too bad and should heal up and give him a bit of a scar. But chicks dig scars.. He may have bruised the muscle and that should heal too. Just like humans, we buise a leg sometimes he hurts to walk and we limp and sometimes it doesn't till he is all healed. I know it is impossible to keep a grey inactive but if you can keep him from going to nutz running and maybe shorter walks it may heal up a tad quiker.

Bijou is my klutz and has the scars and owies to prove it. :lol

Just like kids that never grow up

Greg

Trying to keep Figgy down is going to be like trying to keep the FireWorks from going off tonight....lol

When he goes out in back yard.... LOOK OUT :eek He barks and talks to Lilly to RUn... We Laugh.. We say it sounds like he's saying... RUN Girl RUN :lol

:gh_run:gh_run:gh_run2:gh_run2:gh_runner:gh_runner