Elsie Has A Lump

While petting this crazy girl this morning, I noticed she has a lump about the size of a piece of kibble and it's pretty raised.

It's located just off of one of her nipples.

When I first brought her in to the vet and had her checked out, she said that Elsie had a mammorary tumor- I hadn't seen it- and I don't know if this is the same one or not- but she said, not uncommon- we'll keep an eye on it.

Now I see it. It's pretty big. Anyone have any experience with this? I will bring Elsie in to see the vet as in the next day or 2.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytbookert

Oh man, you (whole family) just can't catch a break, can you!?

Our Sahra (broodie) had a mammory tumor soon after we brought her home. I happened to notice it when it was very small by accident. They took really wide margins, just to make sure it was clean. Sahra's had cancer markers but has no issues since and she is a healthy 14.5!

Sending prayers for you and Elsie!

Guest Energy11

A friend's grey (AKC) btw... had a a tumor like that. They removed it and she lived to be 13. Good luck and prayers from here.

Guest sheila

I would have it removed. My Natasha had something like that about the size of a jelly bean when I adopted her. I had the vet do a dental on her and remove the lump at the same time. The lump was biopsied and WAS cancerous. Luckily they got it all with clean margins.

Elsie has an appointment tonight, if she goes she won't eat because she will be so stressed, is it ok to wait til monday when she can have a day appoointment with her regular vet, or is it necessary to rush her in today?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest Energy11

ME? I think it could wait till Monday. As I mentioned before, a good friend's AKC Grey, had basically the same thing. It was removed, and she lived to be 13 :-)) But, you need to do what is good for you ...

thanks, I just called. they said they would do nothing tonight anyway. So, I have an appointment Monday and she can have pre surgical testing Monday and possibly

have it removed Tuesday.

Oy.

Oh no. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Oh yes, we are planning on it!

We are going to NAncy's to have Freddy's 5th birthday party. Dick (formally of GG) is coming with his Daisey and to introduce us all to his new sweetie, Snowy.

Lots of girls at this party!

Guest Hollys2hounds

Hey Robin,

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way for Elsie.

I am so jealous you get to hang with Nancy's and Dick's girls and Corey!

Have a blast!

Sounds like you guys will be having a great weekend! I will keep Elsie in my prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Hi Robin,

I'm glad you are going to be able to get Elsie in to have that lump removed early next week. Even if it's nothing - it's better to take care of it sooner than later :-) Fingers crossed that all goes well!

FL

Guest Pipi5
Oh no. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Oh yes, we are planning on it!

We are going to NAncy's to have Freddy's 5th birthday party. Dick (formally of GG) is coming with his Daisey and to introduce us all to his new sweetie, Snowy.

Lots of girls at this party!

Robin, remind your friend that Snowy's are very special girls. Mine was a broken hock survivor & nothing, even at the good ole age of 13 years, 9 months could slow her down. :standard