Need Help Fast

Guest Energy11

I won't use Ace on my greys. Tried it ONCE on Goldie ... no way! I prefer Valium, and it works nicely and easily for them, ... really helps Cari with her storm phobias, too.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharon, Keep an eye on Maggie with your other dogs. If she starts to have another seizure, get your other dogs away--out of the room, someplace where they can't reach her. It might be well if they can't even see her.

Other GT'ers have posted about how their healthy dogs reacted to a dog having a seizure. Your gang might have been okay this time, but another time there could be trouble that you don't need.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Just checking in to see how the night was. Hoping that Maggie had a peaceful one

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest PhillyPups

Checking in on Maggie and want you to know my prayers are with you.

Your Andy is like my Zeus - almost 10 and not any less fearful of storms, fireworks, gunshots -

I had a bad experience with Ace and SugarBear - will not let anyone give it to my hounds, but it seems to work for Andy and that is what is important for you.

:bighug to both of you and all your hounds.

Maggie did fine all night. I slept on the couch last night to keep an eye on her and all was fine all night. this morning she went out to poop but still no pee! she was always the one to hold it for 12 hrs. so we will see what happens around 11 am. she ate all her dinner last night like she was starving. but this morning she barely ate at all, so that concerns me. She is laying on her pillow and watching me as I type. I was thinking about giving her another 1/2 of a vallium about 10am so we could go to church ( very important to us) other wise I will just stay home with her and watch her. she is acting normal this morning, just not eating or peeing... Should I be worrying ?????? we are keeping a close eye on her! Sharon

Guest Energy11

The Valium couldn't hurt. I give 1/2 to Curfew every night, as he gets restless at night. It is like "Sundowner's Syndrome" in humans.

I am a strong advocate of Valium with seizure dogs.

I am glad church is important to you, as you faith will most likely help Maggie :-)) Love and hugs! Dee and The Five p.s. If you decide to go to church, I'd baby gate Maggie from the rest, JUST in case she has another seizure ... Follow your gut on whether to go or not ... best advice I can give.

Edited by Energy11

Guest goodtimekid

I think if it were me I would stay home. Just to be sure she's ok. That way you can monitor her a little longer to be sure. Prayers being sent to you and your baby girl.... Hugs to you both

Guest Winterwish

I hope Maggie has a good day today and is doing much better. It could be she didn't eat breakfast since she had a nice size meal last nite. Hopefully she's drank some water at this point. You could always add milk to her water to make it a bit enticing. Sending good wishes Maggie's way! :dogcookie:dogcookie

Guest Energy11
Is she taking in enough fluids?

As for the Valium, I don't think I would.

Fluids are a great thing :-)) If she isn't drinking, they can even use a turkey baster or 10 cc syringe to help her.

It will be good when they can finally get her diagnosed.

I wouldn't give the valium unless she needs it.

If you need to go out, best separate her from the other critters in case she does have another incident.

If you think she may not be drinking enough, can try mixing water with a tablespoon of honey or molasses, or mix water 50-50 with milk, apple juice, meat broth, campbell's chicken soup, etc. I put it in a people bowl and hold it for doggie, which makes it seem more like a treat instead of "I'm not thirsty right now."

Keeping your girlie in my prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

we did go to church and I did give her 1/2 vallium. When ever we leave the house I HAVE to crate Frannie And Sunny. Frannie is a "land shark" and will get into anything that is not nailed down, and I don't trust Sunny loose with Andy... so that only leaves Maggie and Andy loose. Andy is Very protective over Maggie and would never hurt her. and yesterday when all this was going on, Frannie came and put her head on Maggie's feet Just to let her know that she was near. Frannie too is a very caring grey. When I am sick, she will come and lay on top of me if she can... to take care of me!

Well Maggie met us at the door when we got home and was very excited to see us. Right now she is up on the couch sleeping next to Dan. as for water, she is drinking a lot, but that is normal for her so no problem there either. just the eating today, but I'm sure she will eat all her dinner at 4:30. I will offer her a snack in a little while. So far, so good with Maggie today! Praise the Lord for that and a BIG thank you for all your prayers for her and us.! sharon

Guest Energy11

Hey Sharon!

I am GLAD everything worked out, and Maggie is doing well. I am sure you are anxious to get to the bottom of this, so you guys and Maggie, can relax easily. Hugs and prayers here. Hugs from Dee and The Five

I'm glad to see that Maggie is doing better today. I've had her on my mind most of the night. Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday and she can see the vet.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Maggie is still doing fine! and she ate ALL her dinner! and then filled up on water ( that is normal for her)! She is asking to go out to potty so that is a good sign too! Will update tomorrow after the vet visit! Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes for our special Maggie.

This is the Very FIRST time she has EVER been sick since the day we got her 7 years ago.! She had Never had the big "D". and never even threw up before yesterday either! AND never been hurt either, not even a small scrape! She has always been a real joy to have! Her only problem is the kidney failure and she has been doing great on her meds.

I too am glad Maggie had a good night and a good day today.

I'm just curious about the kidney issues, is it kidney failure or kidney disease?

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm glad she's doing so well. Will look forward to your vet's opinion of what happened yesterday.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee