Introducing Ruby!

Guest Kristin725

Guest Kristin725

Hello Everyone!

We adopted our first greyhound, Ruby (Nokomis Nettie), in January from GRA Canada.

I had wanted to adopt a greyhound for a few years and had finally talked enough about it that my boyfriend agreed that we could go and "just look" at the dogs.....ya right :) Well we met a few but I was drawn to Ruby's beautiful amber eyes and she seemed to be drawn to us as well as she watched us very intently! She came out of her crate and was so happy to be with us and was so gentle.

We brought her home a week after first meeting her and it has been a wonderful 6 months! She has become a wonderful companion and is a true Daddy's girl (she wags her tail everytime she sees him). She loves to play with her stuffies and has somehow not killed any of them yet (her collection is steadily growing after every trip to the pet store), she is great with kids and all types of dogs.

She has had hookworm since we brought her home and are still working to get rid of those nasties in her tummy. Thanks to GT for all the helpful information - it has helped with the hookworms as well as the SA that we delt with in the first month of getting her, with the tips I got from GTers she no longer has any anxiety when we leave the house!

So without any further ado her she is, the love of my life, Ruby:

This was her adoption photo:

GetAttachment1.jpg

Smiling:

083.jpg

082.jpg

At a greyhound run:

P1050413.jpg

And playing with her best buddy Zoe:

077.jpg

Welcome to GT, Dristin & Ruby!! She's beautiful - and looks great with her little buddy!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest CaseynovasMom

Welcome from NY to Kristen and Ruby! :welcome

She is BEAUTIFUL, what a grin! Love her coloring. And I love her name, our group just actually adopted out a white and black little girl grey named Ruby... such a cute name!

She looks like she and Zoe must have great adventures palling around.

Congrats, and hope to hear/see more from you!!

Welcome! Ruby is beautiful, she's smiling all the time! I love the picture of she and Zoe! Carl's best friend is a Boston named Captain!

Buds napping on a formerly made bed!

IMG_0921.jpg

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Capslock
Welcome! Ruby is beautiful, she's smiling all the time! I love the picture of she and Zoe! Carl's best friend is a Boston named Captain!

Buds napping on a formerly made bed!

IMG_0921.jpg

And Satchel's best friend is a French Bulldog named Bud! :D

Satchandbeans.jpg

She is adorable! I love how she and Zoe match.

Oh, and welcome to you too!

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest shirley

I love the change. Look at her adoption photo, how unsure she was. After photo's, happy go lucky girl that she found a great home.

Welcome to GT

Guest GreytfulJack

Ruby is beautiful! I love the 'dairy cows', as I call them. That does sound awful but I think they are just sooooo beautiful! My Casey is one too! Welcome from Massachusetts! :welcome