Hello From Maine

Guest BatesieGreys

Guest BatesieGreys

Hello,

I've been lurking around the pages occasionally posting here and there for a couple of months now. I've been biding my time, jealously looking at all of the pictures of other peoples' greyhounds and dreaming of the day I would have one. FINALLY, that day is almost here. Yesterday I went to an open house for our local adoption group and met the dog of my dreams...and she was adopted out from under me. Finally I took Joy out for a walk. On any normal day people aren't allowed in the kennel, but yesterday I was lucky. She snuck right into my heart. I took my significant other back today to meet her (no small thing since it's almost an hour away). He fell in love. Tomorrow I will call to make an appointment so that I can finalize the adoption next Saturday. Two weeks from yesterday, she will be HOME!!! I can't wait. As far as I'm concerned, she is already mine. They wrote "placed" on her paperwork and removed her from the website. Unfortunately, that was before I could pirate some more pictures of her. All I have is one that I took on my cellphone. I love her.

She is a 5 1/2 year old little brindle girl with a heart of gold. She is coming from Maine Greyhound Placement Service. Her full name is Razzle Tazzle Joy, but we will rename her when she gets here. We think she might be a "Daisy".

Daisy.jpg

Oh yeah...

My name is Kira and I have two other fuzzy kids. One is a slightly bossy tabby striped calico named Abby and the other is a tiny spotted Tabby/Siamese/Bengal mutt of a cat named Gracie. Gracie is what a greyhound would look like in cat form...tall, long, and skinny.

Thanks!

Kira

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi from Philly and congrats!!

She is very pretty - I think Joy is a greyt name, cause she has so much JOY on her face in that photo :wub:

She is beautiful :beatheart

Hi Kira and WELCOME from Southern California.

I am so happy for you.

I remember the first Greyhound we adopted in 1992 (yikes).

We were leaving on a trip and couldn't take her home (Willow Grey) for 3 weeks.

I barely slept in those weeks and when I did, I dreamed about her.

So, I know exactly how you both feel.

CONGRATULATIONS.

Post us after you pick her up.

So darn exciting.

Guest BatesieGreys

Thanks to everyone!!!

I took a nap this afternoon when we got home, and had a dream about her. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Luckily, we are moving this weekend. That means I'll be super busy all week packing and then all next week unpacking so we can be ready for her. I hope to take more pics of her on Saturday and I will certainly post them!

Hello and welcome from a fellow Mainer! Your new girl is beautiful and she does have a very happy, joyful face. I remember how excited we were to adopt and that week long wait for them (yes, we adopted two greyhounds at the same time) seemed to take forever.

I look forward to seeing lots of photos of the homecoming! :welcome

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GreytMuse

Welcome to the community! :) I can't wait to see more photos when your adoption comes through! What an exciting time for you!

Guest twhitehouse

Hello from another Mainer. CONGRATS!!! I so wanted to go to the open house. I had been talking about it for months. But we moved into our house this weekend (just TOO busy). But if I had gone, knowing that we have more room now, I probably would have come home with a dog :rolleyes:

Daisy sounds like a good name to me! Also, not sure where in Maine you live. But there is a Portland Greyhound Meetup group that Kerry(Merlinsmum) runs. When possible, we meet once a week to let some of the hounds run together in an enclosed field. We used to go a lot, but now that we've moved to Gray, probably not so much. :)

Guest BatesieGreys

Thanks for all of the well wishes and congratulations!

Hello from another Mainer. CONGRATS!!! I so wanted to go to the open house. I had been talking about it for months. But we moved into our house this weekend (just TOO busy). But if I had gone, knowing that we have more room now, I probably would have come home with a dog :rolleyes:

Daisy sounds like a good name to me! Also, not sure where in Maine you live. But there is a Portland Greyhound Meetup group that Kerry(Merlinsmum) runs. When possible, we meet once a week to let some of the hounds run together in an enclosed field. We used to go a lot, but now that we've moved to Gray, probably not so much. :)

I'm quickly learning why "chip" is a verb in greyhound circles. We would have brought home every last one if we could. I'm glad that I got to go. I was in greyhound heaven and came to understand the greyhound philosophy. "Idle hands do the houndies' petting."

We are in Lewiston and I haven't been able to find anywhere around here to run safely. The Portland group sounds great. I'll take more pictures when I go up this coming weekend.

Guest jessicaksu125

Hi! I'm so happy you and such a beautiful girl found each other.

I used to live in Maine, now I'm in Indiana. I miss MGPS, they are wonderful people!

Guest BEANORACENOMO

It was nice to meet you folks @ MGPS open house. I hope your home will be filled with the joy these wonderful Greyhounds bring all who truly love them. I could see your inner happiness glowing with every step you made with your new friend. As for pictures, Bea has 3 pages on photobucket and a lot more in other places. Good luck and keep in touch with MGPS.

Welcome to GT from South Portland, ME! :welcome2

I missed the MGPS Open House this year. Congratulations!! :confetti:yay:baloons Soon-to-be-Daisy seems like a lovely girlie! I'm very pleased for you.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TurnerMiller01

:wave hello! and Welcome!!! and Congrats... :yay

i look forward to hearing all about her and seeing more pics...

again... welcome to GT.. i am fairly new here too... :wubsite

Guest CaseynovasMom

Hey Kira! Greetings from NY.

We went through the same thing - the grey of our dreams ended up being adopted by another family, where he was probably better suited in the long run.

We actually ended up with the dog of our dreams, and it was total love at first sight. I'm so glad you and your sweet girl have found each other and will soon be united!

Can't wait to see more photos. :wub: