Neurological?

Cassie (female, almost 8, on soloxin for thyroid) was on a walk all the sudden she holds her right front paw up and cant seen to put any weight on it she just collapses it. I check pad and nothing there... rotate leg with no issues... Put foot down try to get her to walk she takes a few steps still collapsing leg then she starts the same thing with her back right leg. I get in her face and its like her eyes are just fixed. Then she starts circling to the right 3 or 4 times. I hold her still for a few min and start walking her forward now she is walking on all legs but keeps listing to the right. She did this once about 8 months ago but we were at home. This and the one 8 mo ago lasted about 4 min then all is well. Any Ideas?

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest eaglflyt

I think she needs a neuro evaluation at the vet. This may be a type of seizure, or possibly a circulatory problem causing a TIA. Whatever it is, I think she needs a veterinary evaluation. If it's either of these two conditions, medication is usually effective. A vet will be your best bet in this situation.

Almost sounds like a vestibular incident.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest klosee

My General had odd listing moments all through his life, never could find the cause. It was not often though, maybe a couple of times a year. It scared him a little but there didn't seem to be any lasting affects.

I feel for you.

Our Tucker did that for three years. He ended up having kidney issues -- glomerular nephritis -- as well as Lyme disease. His immune system wasn't too good either. He also had a major stroke too from which he eventually recovered. His illness was very hard to pin down.

You might want to check her kidney function; that was the root of Tucker's problems.

Mandy, my 12 year old, would collapse on her walks. Sometimes she'd shake her legs like she had pins and needles...other times her legs would buckle and she'd collapse .Sometimes she'd spring right back up and collapse again. She'd become dazed and confused, spacey...sometimes requiring her to be carried home.. Some episodes she'd seize, somtimes small focal like seizures, sometimes grand mal.. ...

After visiting a cardiologist and a neurologist, they both could find nothing wrong with her. It turns out she has a pancreatic tumor which causes her to become hypoglycemic...

So now, first thing in my head is.....how's the blood sugar levels?

Edited by BrentsMom