Greetings From Virginia

Guest Becky__R

Guest Becky__R

Hi everyone. I've been a member of the forum for a while, but haven't been very active. I have turned here for medical advice and grief support, so as things got better, I didn't visit as much. I was on with another name two years ago [becky R without an underscore, I believe]. Email problems caused me to reset passowrds and user names when I moved in 2008. I still associate the forums as a place of comfort when my dog, Duke, died in 2007. My other Grey, Sophie, is doing greyt! I'd like to introduce myself, and my hound. We live in central Virginia. I'm a homemaker, but Ii've worked previously as a teacher and as a job coach for persons with disabilities. I Like to travel, sew/quilt and I'm a movie buff. I'm a supporter of "Save Our Food" and I enjoy hitting the local farmer's markets in search of local ingredients for a tasty dinner. Sophie, my brindle greyhound, is 11 and enjoys sunshine, yogurt and watching the geese at our neighborhood pond.

th_mypup.jpg

Here is Duke (below), 1998-2007:

th_Duke.jpg

Halloween 2007; Sophie was Cleopatra, Duke was Andy from A Clockwork Orange. They wore movie themed costumes for the Doggie Halloween Bash.

th_beckydogzhalloween.jpg

Guest greytkidsmom

Welcome from Roanoke!

We have a wonderful farmer's market in our downtown every day.

It is an amazing resource to have.

Hi, Becky.

It's Sheila from CVGreys!

I'm glad that Sophie is still doing well. I know how much you miss Duke.

Glad to see you back on GT... keep in touch!

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Becky__R
Hi, Becky.

It's Sheila from CVGreys!

I'm glad that Sophie is still doing well. I know how much you miss Duke.

Glad to see you back on GT... keep in touch!

Sheila

Hi, I think I might have caught a glimpse of you at the Easter parade! I saw several Greyhound rumps lined up and walking ahead of us a ways. Nice to hear from you, Becky

Welcome from Maryland!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow