Katie Post Surgery

Guest katieandpadfoot

Guest katieandpadfoot

Katie has been home from the hospital since Weds and doing well with her external fixator on...she actually...we when let her moves around pretty well and doesn't really pay much attention to it. We just started cleaning the pin tracks ourselves....not fun at all...especially for her. She is eating and drinking like a champ too!!!! Sleeps a lot...wish we did. We are nervous nellys. HE HE. I do have one questions though...is it possible to tell pain from anxiety or just tiredness from when she has gone out to potty? We did our first cleaning and she got very aggitated from it..and is still breathing a little heavy but falling asleep...does this get better?

Guest IrskasMom

Is there another Thread , that I missed ??? What kind of Surgery did she had ? My guess for post Surgery a little panting is

normal and anxiety .

Guest IrskasMom

Is there another Thread , that I missed ??? What kind of Surgery did she had ? My guess for post Surgery a little panting is

normal and anxiety .

Guest IrskasMom

normal and anxiety .

Sorry about the double click !

Edited by IrskasMom

I can tell you from a human perspective-I'm a nurse & use to work with patients with external fixators. Pin cleaning was not fun for the patients-especially for the first wek after surgery. Very tender. We use to pre-medicate our patients at least a half hour before cleaning time. Perhaps you can do the same for your pup? It seemed to get easier as the tracks healed around the pins. Best wishes to you....

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

all guess here but the post above about pre medicating sounds good to me. sending good thoughts to you and easy revovery for your pup

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08