Possible Uti?

I don't know if Diamond has a UTI or not so based on what I post here, would you take him to the vet?

Last Tuesday, I moved his crate to the basement (from the main floor) and Passion was down there with him during the day.

Wednesday-I noticed that he peed in the crate. He's only peed in the crate once and that was back in Jan when I first got him.

Thursday- I was laid off from work so got home around 10. I was only gone 3 hours and he had peed in the crate on his blanket. Then laid on the blanket.

Thursday afternoon- I went to my mom's and grandma's for 5 hours but left him in my bedroom with Sparks and Lucky. No peeing accidents.

Friday morning- crated him again for a few hours and he peed.

Saturday- left him in my bedroom for a 3 hours, no accident.

Sunday- I worked from 7am-3pm at the nursing home and left him in my bedroom with Lucky and Sparks- NO ACCIDENT :yay

Yesterday- I was home most of the day

Today-I had an interview this morning so was gone 4 hours. He peed in my bedroom on a dog bed.

I really think the peeing last week was related to being in the basement and he didn't like being down there. But now that he peed in my bedroom today, I don't know what to think. I let them out before I leave the house and he doesn't have access to water so I don't know what to think.

Would there be any other symptoms?

When I got home today, I watered the plants in the yard for maybe 20 mins and he peed twice.

When he pees, there's not dribbling, he goes steady from 5 seconds to what seems like a min so I don't think he's holding anything in.

Whatcha think?

I'm working tonight until 11pm but my mom is going to my house (she stays over Tues nights) so I told her to make sure to check the dog beds to see if he peed on them and throw them outside if he did. He was only in my room for 6 hours tonight so I hope he didn't pee!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I just googled UTI and found this:

The most common symptoms of canine urinary tract infection are revealed by the amount and frequency of the urinary output of your pet. An UTI infected dog tends to pass out small amounts of urine frequently that can later lead to complete cessation. This in turn can cause dehydration, acidosis, and uremic poisoning leading to death.

Some of the other symptoms of canine UTI are:

pain and difficulty in urination

blood accompanying urine

foul smell of urine

fever

lethargy

tender bladder

and based on this, I don't think he has one. when he pees, it's a lot at a time

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest kydie

other problems can cause frequent urination, diabetes, is one, not to upset you here, but if these things are new, a vet visit is my suggestion, I would

Guest Energy11

My Oakly peed in the house, and had "five minute pees," too. HE had a UTI, and it was treated, by my old vet/employer/friend, also suggested bloodwork to rule out any possible kidney/diabetes issues. Luckily, there were none.

I'd at least do bring a urine sample to the vets and go from there. Good Luck and keep us posted!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Javagirl

I think we are having some of these same issues and have become concerned about a UTI with Laddie. He seems to drink a LOT of water and has had 2 accidents in the past week. We've been concerned about him but there have been no blood in his urine and he doesn't appear to be uncomfortable.

Thanks for bringing this up and any other symptoms would be welcome. We will take him to the vet this week.

Kristyn

I would bring in a sample, get the first catch if you can. Diane already mentioned it, but be sure they grow a culture.

A lot of times if they don't see bacteria in the sample they don't culture but I always insist on it and in the past have always glad that I did

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless