Started The Day With 2 Dew Claws

Mr. Bumper tore his dew claw on something (?!) while waiting to be let out this morning. Lotsa lotsa blood and too painful to wrap so he had a solo ride to the e-vet where they pulled it out. I knew he would be drammatic, as he is just that kinda guy, but the vet's said he was sobbing and sobbing, even for a greyhound!! My silly but poor poor boy.

I think he is recuperating well, while enjoying a little sunbeam and company from his bro. I read a bit on GT about the frequency with which this happens so not to be concerned. Ugly when it happens, though.

OBRally037.jpg

Please excuse his immodesty!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest MyBoys

Poor Guy, that has to hurt, I think I would be sobbing also. As for his immodesty, it's not like we all have not seen that position before, but he does look very comfy.

Poor Guy, that has to hurt, I think I would be sobbing also. As for his immodesty, it's not like we all have not seen that position before, but he does look very comfy.

Ditto here. :wub:

My boy Faolin has lost the same one twice. They take a very long time to grow back.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Did he get to go to the DQ? If not, this needs to be done STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - that's cute. Guess we'll have to treat him tomorrow...though he did get a nice bone tonight, which lasted about 4 minutes.

The boy seems to be doing just fine, as most of you would expect!

sweetdogs... - any complications when they grew back? I am not sure what to expect :dunno

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest FullMetalFrank

When Frank tore his off, it took about a year to grow back and it's never been quite the same as the other claw. It's kind of twisted and grows really slowly (which is nice) but other than that, no issues. It is a painful injury but they heal very quickly from it.

Guest knitkass

aww, poor guy! Callay has lost a toenail before, she got it stuck between the carpet and the tile and it just ripped cleanly off. She was excited getting up and running outside to pee, and then she just kinda turned around and looked at me funny, holding her paw up and letting it drip.

That nail has grown back, but it's shorter and kinda gnarled. It didn't really give her any problems though.

Here's hoping your boy heals fast!

Edited by knitkass

Ouchie! Broken/torn claws always bleed a lot. It should heal fine though. Slow, but fine. :) I agree that administration of ice cream treats may speed recovery time. ;)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.