William Going In For His Dental Today

Guest UESBrindle

Guest UESBrindle

This morning we brought William in to the Animal Medical Center to drop him off for his dental cleaning. This will be the first time we've had to have him under anisthesia, so Rob and I are both a little nervous. From what I hear, they're one of the best facilities in NYC, so that makes me feel better, but still worried and hope it goes off without a hitch. Can't wait to pick him up and bring him back home tonight after work...

Please send William your good vibes!

Edited by UESBrindle

Many good vibes for your boy. I too have heard good things about AMC- let us know how he is. I am sure he will be just fine.

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thinking of William today, he'll be JUST FINE. :D Fingers crossed for an easy dental cleaning and for sparkly, shiny teeth!

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest BlueCrab

Trixie had her teefers cleaned last Thursday plus a lump removed from her leg. The teefs were fine, no problems with any of the procedure so she sends good wishes to William. I was a concerned mommy, too, and everything was just fine. :)

Thinking good thoughts for William!!

Just think how beautiful his teeth will be, and how awesome his breath will be, too :) --when you go get him today!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest UESBrindle

Rob just called- the procedure went fine(Phew!) and the Dr will give him a full update in half an hour.

The one thing I wasn't crazy about when Rob brought him in today was the upped the "estimate" to almost double, in case of extractions to-- $1100 from $590 at the consult 3 weeks ago :yikes , and he had to put half down upfront <_< ... I have my fingers crossed he'll have all of his teeth when we bring him back!

Thanks for all of the good vibes! You guys are the B-E-S-T!!! :yay:yay

Doh on the increased cost potential - but yay for a successful procedure! I am glad to hear it went well, but I know you won't be truly at ease until you get your sweet pup home.

Glad William is doing well.

Maybe I should have been a doggie dentist....

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest UESBrindle

YAY! He is HOME :D ! It was like walking a drunk friend home- he's still pretty loopy, but just fine! It ultimately was just about $100 more than we anticipated since he had to be under longer than expected, but he did come home with fillings :blink: , so I hope it'll keep him more comfortable in the long run.

Thanks again everyone!! :wubsite