Me & Greyhound....embraces And Thanks

Guest javelins

Guest myGreyHeart

I suppose I waited so long to join Greytalk simply out of my own shyness. It is my Greyhound, "Rosie" that brings out the best in me. A member from this forum, Pam, Cody's mummy, had become like a sister to me. She had provided me with resources and help in one of the worst times, it wasn't long after I adopted Rose.

And to all of you who helped me, there is nothing I can say to express my gratitude even now.

Pam had made Rosie a beautiful Dirndl dress complete with floral halo as a costume. The parade the week before had been rained out, so I thought I'd show her off to my neighbourhood and I had information on Adopting Greyhounds too. I'm certain she would be fine, but we have not gone out on Halloween since. We only went to two doors when someone's off-leash Rottweiler attacked her. And before I knew it, I was praying the bleeding to stop on the way to the Animal Hospital. After finally leaving her in emergency surgery, still shocked, I e-mailed most of my contacts and asked them to pray for her.

Pam was one of them. And in the following time, as I kept in touch with her, she kept Greytalk posted.

It was 130 AM until someone called to say that miraculously, the dog's teeth did not get Rose's lungs or any of her organs. It was uncertain about her mobility, but the skin and fur I had seen the dog tear off, they managed to suture. She would be monitored through the night.

My youngest brother came with me and my mother for our allowed 10 minute visit in the late afternoon the next day. I was very sad she was bandaged everywhere and hematomas were forming where I could see the large stitching and drainage tube. But she managed a wobbly stand. Every time I remember that I think of how resilient and amazing Greyhounds are. How she is.

All the prayers, light sent, cards, support, donations to the Greyhound Angel Network, for my absent-mind, I have remembered, I hope, everything. Rose received a stuffie from Canada, treats from Shelby's and I remember she preferred the Turkey when she was able to eat because I tried to order her chicken (picky). I have a photo of two Greys named Tavi and Bea....Canada I think. And I have a photo of a pretty brindle named Flint. If my memory is serving me correctly. Someone hand-makes cards....beautiful Greyhound cards. I had written these addresses down, and only sent two cards back before my yearly planner was mistaken for recycling or garbage. This is what I am sure happened to it now.....I didn't and don't want anyone to think I forgot their kindness.

Your support was the world to me, it still is as I'm waiting to find out what exactly it is on Rosie's paw.

I feel like I wrote too much, and I hope I didn't bore anyone. Please know that no day goes by when I don't remember all your help.

DSC01523.jpg

--Before we went outside :( gah

DSC01543.jpg

---Home, "recovering". I did such a bang-up job re-bandaging sometimes.

anew6-1.jpg

"stealing" a kiss for a pic, she looks embarrassed

Guest IrskasMom

It's great to see some Pictures of Rosie and she is well. I am glad you found your way to GT .Here you have all the Help

you can get and show of your Princess . Greyt to have you :grouphug:yay:grouphug:yay:grouphug

Guest myGreyHeart

Pam mentioned that people did remember Rosie, so that's why I went back into this particular forum and re-posted.

Glad you are here and that Rosie is doing well! )

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome from Miami. Its nice to see you here. Rosie is a very brave girl and I'm glad to see she is doing so well.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest myGreyHeart

*~If anyone had specific questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. I meant to write more...but felt I wrote a book up there, complete with pictures. Did I ramble?

Anyway if anyone had questions and/or wanted to be added to card list (INT. Welcome too) around holiday season- because that is the LEAST I can do, just ask Pam for my E-mail, as you can see I'm a "newbie" and still restricted on some areas.

I think it was a great write up and I am so happy that she is better. :)

One thing tho... I guess I am getting older but that small font you are using is sooo hard to read. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest Che_mar_Cody
I think it was a great write up and I am so happy that she is better. :)

One thing tho... I guess I am getting older but that small font you are using is sooo hard to read. :)

Yes lil sis, get your font bigger!!!!

Older sis can't read it either :rolleyes:

Guest myGreyHeart

OK, redo! lol

*~If anyone had specific questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. I meant to write more...but felt I wrote a book up there, complete with pictures. Did I ramble?

Anyway if anyone had questions and/or wanted to be added to card list (INT. Welcome too) around holiday season- because that is the LEAST I can do, just ask Pam for my E-mail, as you can see I'm a "newbie" and still restricted on some areas.

Off topic, but you'll see em'

Special note: Pam, sent you email about a collar

*and I'm not sure if my avatar will be approved? I'm the epitome of NEW

that doesn't look bigger? does it? above?

Guest ss556

Hello, I remember the incident and I certainly remember Rosie! I still have a picture of her that you sent me. Welcome.

Guest houndstooth4

Yikes! What a scary experience! I'm glad to hear she pulled through and is recovering. Welcome to Greytalk!

Guest Flint

Hi there! Your post was not too long or boring either--it's wonderful to see that Rosie is well. Unfortunately, I know first hand how scary it is when your dog is attacked. But, they bounce back amazingly well.

From Marie and Flint, the handsome brindle ;) .

Guest myGreyHeart
Hi there! Your post was not too long or boring either--it's wonderful to see that Rosie is well. Unfortunately, I know first hand how scary it is when your dog is attacked. But, they bounce back amazingly well.

From Marie and Flint, the handsome brindle ;) .

I DO have his photo!!! I'm so glad to see you on here! well, everyone :grouphug