Poor Jake, Lots Of Things Going On With Him...

Guest ProudGreyMom

Guest ProudGreyMom

My poor Jake. He went to the vet for his annual check up and also to check his hips that have been really hurting. He has a urinary infection and is taking antibiotics. He got pain meds for his hips. Now the vet just called and he has roundworms AGAIN, plus his throid levels were so low they barely registered. :( Oh, and he fell when he was getting back into the truck after his appointment and now he has a gash on his hip.

Please think good thoughts for my boy, and any thyroid advice/info would be appreciated. I did some reading online about the levels and he is definately low.

He will be 11 in a few months and we have a vacation planned (which is rare) to take the hounds to VT. I hope he can go because he loves it there.

Poor Jake, that's a lot to have to be dealing with! Hopefully the antibiotics will get rid of the UTI and the pain meds help him.

How low are the thyroid levels?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest ProudGreyMom
Poor Jake, that's a lot to have to be dealing with! Hopefully the antibiotics will get rid of the UTI and the pain meds help him.

How low are the thyroid levels?

less than .2

Guest ss556

I knew Jake looked like Alan - they are half brothers! I'm hoping that his thyroid condition gets under control, that the pain meds help him (have you ever considered acupuncture?) and that the UTI goes away quickly. Jake will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please give him a hug for me.

Guest ProudGreyMom
I knew Jake looked like Alan - they are half brothers! I'm hoping that his thyroid condition gets under control, that the pain meds help him (have you ever considered acupuncture?) and that the UTI goes away quickly. Jake will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please give him a hug for me.

They definately look like siblings! I will tell Jake his brother was thinking of him :)

Guest Energy11

:wub::bighug

Sending our love to you and Jake! Once his thyroid levels come up, and that infection is gone, he should feel a lot better! :-)

Guest ProudGreyMom

He just went to bed...at least he is resting more comfortably. Tomorrow we will get his thyroid meds and dewormer.

It would be a good idea to do a full thyroid panel before starting on thyroid meds. T4 is not an accurate measure -- it can be low for all kinds of reasons, particularly other infection or illness.

Hugs and best luck to your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ProudGreyMom

Starting the meds tonight - for the thyroid and roundworms. Hopefully he will be better soon.

The vet did a lot of bloodwork, especially in regard to the thyroid. She will give me a copy when I go there next.

Guest IrskasMom

Sending my Love and Hugs to Jake . Hope the Medicin helps him to get over his UTI and other Ailments ( Hip )

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:dogcookie