Spot On Bear

Guest tammara

Guest tammara

So Bear has always had this raised dark spot which looks like a nipple but is in the wrong spot... we watch it to make sure it doesn't grow. Tonight it has a very dark red circle around it. What is this? And of course I am worrying... He has a vet appointment for some shots Thursday morning and we will have them look at this first thing...

onef.jpg

twov.jpg

Guest 4baddogs

I don't know - on a person, it would look like a melanoma. Do dogs get those? I hope not!

I'll be interested to see what the vet says. Keeping good thoughts for Bear. :)

It needs to go. Ask the vet do an excisional biopsy with real wide margins.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest brandi007

Let me know what it comes back as - Sophie has the exact same thing

Lots of good thoughts for your handsome bear!

Edited by brandi007

Guest tammara

Thanks everyone. I am worried... I wish his apointment was today. I just really don't like the way it looks. I will keep you all posted.

Guest jettcricket

My boy, Jett, had something very similiar and I asked my vet to remove it. Turned out to be nothing! Just a funky non-benign skin growth.

FoundersDayandBabyCrow013-1.jpg

Guest Energy11

Yes, it DOES look like a melanoma on a person. I have seen many as a parmedic. You might want to get the vet to talk a look. Good luck! D

Guest SandOSU98
So Bear has always had this raised dark spot which looks like a nipple but is in the wrong spot... we watch it to make sure it doesn't grow. Tonight it has a very dark red circle around it. What is this? And of course I am worrying... He has a vet appointment for some shots Thursday morning and we will have them look at this first thing...

onef.jpg

twov.jpg

Colby has something very similar. It scabs up, falls off, then comes back every 3-4 weeks. Let us know what you find out.

Guest tammara

DH took Bear to the vet yesterday. He said it was nothing to worry about, just a raised mole that had probably gotten knocked and bled a little bit.

Edited by tammara

Cofax gets small blood blister type scabs.....I test them first to be sure it's what I think it is (not a tick or something else) then I pinch them to drain and put med.on and it's fine. Vet said it's just something that happens - either a little pimple gets dirty and small infection or it might happen when they scratch or rub on something. She said as long as they're not big or infected for long - home care is fine.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Good news!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson