Leukeran As Drug Protocol For Lymphoma

Last night Fiona's stitches from the biopsy were removed and the vet discussed drug protocol with me. I choose not to do chemo but asked the vet to consult with an oncologist about less stressful treatment. They recommend combining prednesone and leukeran. We are not expecting a remission but hope to slow the advance of the cancer.

Anyone have experience with this combination?

My kitty Neko has been on Leukeran and pred for over two years now. He was diagnosed with small cell lymphoma. We have been pleasantly surprised with how well he has done. He's 17 now and starting to slow down, but we believe that is age as his blood-work last month was great.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Guest KRKWMU

Hi there. We are just getting back from GiG and seeing this...

Bonnie was on Leukeran for awhile, along with the prednisolone. It didn't seem to bother her too much. Email Dr. Couto and his team at OSU and ask for recommendations. They will also work with you and provide the chemo medications at no charge. Their email is greyosu @ osu.edu

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Bonnie was on chemo for lymphoma and we had exactly one extra year with her. We'd do it all over again if we had to choose again. Give Fiona a hug from us. :grouphug