Gas

Our big boy sonny--real big-- has been having the worst gas in the evening , you feel like opening the windows it just started about a month ago , his food is chicken based so we are going to switch everyone to a meat based food , do you think this will cure our problem --beano has no affect.

We've got our dogs on NaturVet's "Enzymes and Probiotics"...3/4 teaspoon of powder with each bowl of food eliminated their gas issues. In fact, we ran out and I thought I could get some at the local pet store...5 stores later, including the big chains and I had to re-order online. What did we take away from this?

If we doubted for a second this 'probiotic' didn't help, having gaseous boys for 5 days was BRUTAL! :puke . While we waited for our shipment to arrive, we tried yogurt...didn't work. Gas problem went away as soon as the probiotics/enzymes were re-introduced, making us firm believers this product works on our two. :ding

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

If he has a chicken sensitivity, then switching him to beef or lamb might help. Does he have any diarrhea? Also, what are you currently feeding him? You mentioned that it started a month ago - did you change his food a month ago? It could also be that he is getting into something in the yard (a Doberman of mine got into bird seed once).

Guest FullMetalFrank

I tried a chicken based kibble quite a few years ago and got lethal gas so we switched back to lamb and it got better but not entirely... Oddly, since our switch to mostly raw, they eat a lot of chicken and turkey and the gas is much more tolerable! A small dollop of fat free plain yogurt helps my girl, also.

Guest dodgethis
Our big boy sonny--real big-- has been having the worst gas in the evening , you feel like opening the windows it just started about a month ago , his food is chicken based so we are going to switch everyone to a meat based food , do you think this will cure our problem --beano has no affect.

:blink: Hey there I am new to the Grey Talk and to being a Grey Owner, (I have had dogs all my life) but what I do know is about Gas with the Grey, my Grey (Dodge) had a bacteria infection which caused Diarrhea big time anyhow I have learned that AAA Beef which you can pick up at Club Price (Costco) with Rice or Pasta will help. If you want to continue with dry food I would suggest the Duck and Potato, or Duck and Oatmeal by Natural Balance. Well no more gas. Believe me sometimes I think he could of burned the hair off my arms..... :blush Hope this helps, my boy doesn't do well with Chicken or Turkey even Lamb.

Guest Blaze

we mix 1:3 Eukanuba sensitive stomach with his regular (Endurance, cheap off brand good for coat but stinky gas) and we have the best of both - beautiful coats and no gas - knock on wood.

Guest dodgethis
we mix 1:3 Eukanuba sensitive stomach with his regular (Endurance, cheap off brand good for coat but stinky gas) and we have the best of both - beautiful coats and no gas - knock on wood.

hey there, I am glad for you but I believe you are not doing any favors buy giving your Grey Endurance, cheap off brand, most of those types of dog foods are filled with Corn, or other cheap fillers. I've been experienced in dry food, I've spent 65.00$ 3 x on foods which were no good for my Dodge, plus a lot of research, so now I feed the outdoor cats :( . Even Eagle Pack has changed their ingredients. You can always use Omega 3 Tablest for the coats they work well. I have tried doing the same as you, my result was soft stools hard to pick up. Now with Natural Balance I have a big diffrence :) You should check out the blogs on Eukanuba and Iams. Myself after reading the blogs coming from people who work with the experiencing the food on cats and dogs I will never buy those name brands. (Holistic is what I prefer). But then again I am a newbie with Greys.