Riley's Biopsy Went Well, And He's Home

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

Just a quick update. Many of you know Riley (my american eskimo) has a carpal mast cell tumor. He underwent anesthesia today for a biopsy. Everything went well, only one stitch. He's dopey, but glad to be home. He will have to wear the evil e-collar tonight. In one week we will get the biopsy result. Thank you everyone for the prayers, good thoughts and support you have been giving. :grouphug

Thank Goodness! Contined prayers for your family.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmilyAnne

This just occured to me, shouldn't Riley have gotten antibiotics? Or is a biopsy with only one stitch not something that usually needs a preventive antibiotic? It's really swelling up. He was crying, and so I iced it for him, per the vet's instructions. Out of all the dogs I have ever had, he has the lowest threshold for pain. The vet said no pain med cause he wont need it being on Benadryl. If he spends the night crying, I am pursuing pain meds for him.

How it looked a week ago:

100_2574-1.jpg

How it looks at this moment:

100_2630.jpg

OUCH!

:sad1

Guest EmilyAnne

He is doing much better today. He ate all of his breakfast (I doctored it up a bit :chow ), and he has not cried at all today, and is back to wagging his tail almost as much as ever today. :) The swelling is not gone, but it is not as bad as yesterday.

Waggy tail is always a good thing! Good boy, Riley! Will keep praying for no surprises in the biopsy results.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead