Update On Billy.........

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

Billy definitely seems to be feeling better. I think that the Tylosin powder must be starting to kick in. He hasn't had diarrhea since 11:30pm last nite (knock on wood). His appetite is good and I have been giving him several small meals of I/D. He has been sleeping through the nite the last 2 nites which is great! I have also started keeping a food journal (thanks for the suggestion Soulsmom!) and hope this will help figure out where the problem lies.

I can't thank you all enough for your suggestions and words of support/encouragement. I truly felt so alone and helpless and knowing that so many of you have or are going through the same thing has really helped. Billy and I are very lucky to have such a great group of people looking out for him. :)

Aw! Wonderful! :yay So glad Billy is on the mend! Knocking on wood continuously so he can rest, sleep, and above all get those tummy issues under control. Please keep us informed on how's he's doing.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

So glad to hear he's doing better!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest SoulsMom

So glad to hear he's doing better! Having gone through something similiar I know how stressful it can be. I still haven't figured out what caused Soul's condition, so I'm still keeping the diary and trying to figure it out. At least he's stable for now on the I/D diet, but I'd eventually like to get him off that (it's not great for his discoid lupus)

Every night I write down what went on in his day, what his poops were like, what the weather was like, if he played, if I brushed his teeth, etc. When he relapsed in January I realized that I'd better start keeping a journal to try and get to the bottom of it!

If Billy is on the Hills I/D diet now, RobinM posted a thread in F&D with a link to a rebate form. That stuff is expensive!